pheric's new studio
    Tech Convert

Default pheric's new studio

Thought i would share the new studio as i have finally just moved in. Its custom build from the ground up on an isolated pad at the rear of my house. Its a room within a room build with entry through a sealed airlock double door system. It has its own silenced air feed in and extraction system. I spent a lot of time reading red gervais "build it like the pros" studio design book and a lot of time on the john sayers studio design forum before starting the build.

I didnt go with soffit mounted speakers simply because i have quite a few pairs of monitors and i like to change them out for different projects on a regular basis, so having them on stands makes this easier.

The set up is based around an upgraded yamaha 02r console linked via tdif to some motu interfaces, i use both mac and pc. The systems are used for both audio and video editing.

Currently working on remixes and own tracks for the platipus lable in the uk and several others.

Here is a picture for now, i will try and get some better quality ones done this week.

Any questions just ask

Last edited by tekki; 05-30-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Tech Guru

Very nice room build, bet that took some time to complete!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Convert

Thanks, yes took quite a while, longer than I thought. To the left of the main console I have some ikea expedit cubes that have my turntables on and all my vinyl in, I just have to add the shelf above for the traktor s4 and my 2 f1's to sit on. It is a room in a room the interior room doesn't touch the outer walls at all, and the gaps are filled with rockwool and two layers of 15mm plasterboard.

It's great in there as I can crank it right up late at night and you can't hear a thing a meter or so from the building.

I will try and get some better pictures up later.

Studio's looking awesome... and platipus.... niiiiiiiice.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

You owe me a new macbook, mines covered in drool