[Script] beatportProToTraktor - Tool to get Beatport Pro's tags to work in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default [Script] beatportProToTraktor - Tool to get Beatport Pro's tags to work in Traktor

New project I put up to work around some of the short comings in how Beatport Pro and Traktor deal with id3 tags.

Particularly, Release Date and Key (in coded form) don't get picked up by Traktor if you're using Beatport Pro to fill in your meta-data.

Having Beatport Pro has greatly reduced my time required for, OCD like, meta-data management for new tracks. This script just fills a bit afterwards.

I was previously using Mixed in Key to add key codes to the Comments field. I feel this is no longer necessary now that BPP and Traktor can use the 'Key Text' field. Traktor by the way, doesn't search 'Key' but does filter on 'Key Text' when you do a Search in the 'All' setting, so I find the 'Key Text' field to be the only valuable one to me. This script also has the feature to search for Camelot codes, including trailing '-' and strip them from the comments field.

Hope someone finds this useful, enjoy.

I'll definitely check this out. Thanks!