Newbie Question

Thread: Newbie Question

Default Newbie Question

Hey guys,

Kavya here Nice to finally be on this forum to get my answers questioned!

Def need your opinions tho. So recently Iv'e really gotten into DJing and I have made a couple of amateur mixes with a Behringer CMD Studio 4a controller. Im making the mixes on a software called Deckadance DVS Edition (it came with the controller). Now the questions I have are:

1) Is this a good controller for beginners to learn from?
    2) What is the best software I can use to make mixes? (I usually try to make dirty dutch/dubstep/trap mixes)
    3) what other things do I need to make myself a better DJ?

I could use all the help lol

Tech Mentor

1 - Yes
    2 - All softwares pretty much do the same. Find one you are comfortable with.
    3 - Time and practice - "With time and saliva, the ant can devour the elephant"
    Traktor: Custom 1210s - NI Z2 - F1 - X1
    Rekordbox: CDJ 350s - Xone 23 - Rmx 500
    Production: Ableton - Machine Mk2 - 49 key midi keyboard - KRK 6s

Tech Mentor

3) Go to youtube and watch some videos of ellaskins, djbolivia, this site and digitaldjtips. They have all kinds of explanations for all kinds of techiniques and knowledge useful for djing. Part 3 is an ongoing process, which is what makes this hobby worthwhile IMO. If you do it correctly, you'll never stop asking your third question.

thanks guys appreciate the help

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    3) Go to youtube and watch some videos of ellaskins, djbolivia, this site and digitaldjtips. They have all kinds of explanations for all kinds of techiniques and knowledge useful for djing. Part 3 is an ongoing process, which is what makes this hobby worthwhile IMO. If you do it correctly, you'll never stop asking your third question.
    Agreed, these guys are awesome, they gonna tell you abiut djing tips, from controller, CDj, to turntables