Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Audio Technica LP USB tables compress the audio when it's sent out via the USB. Or at least that's what I thought.

The vinyl rips w/ USB typically are not as good as if you were to use the RCA outs. I dunno, it was some picky audiophile stuff.
    The difference in sound has nothing to do with compression, but the quality of the preamp. Youre using the word compression as if its a bad thing, rather than a tool to be used.

Tech Guru

Personally I'd avoid one with built in USB, instead spend money on a decent usb phono pre-amp and get a decent turntable.

If it is only going to be used for ripping, then something like a rega or pro-ject would be better.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl

iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / KRK Rokit RP5 G2 / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

Yea, I used the wrong word. It wasn't compression.

I think it's just because the ADC on the LP120 is 16 bit/44.1k or something, not 24/96k. Wouldn't make a difference to me, but some people are anal about it.
    Bedroom DJ | Beat Up Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ1000MK3 | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12