MF3D with ipad. Is it possible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Smile MF3D with ipad. Is it possible?

Has anyone been successful in using your midi fighter 3D with an ipad? If so could you tell me how? I recently bought a midi fighter 3d and I have been trying with a camera connection kit and even a powered USB hub but the ipad gives me a message saying that this device uses too much power. Is there a setting I could change, or how can this be done? Thanks!

Yes I could control cubasis drums with the 3D was basically plug and play think you could use it with GarageBand aswell but haven't tried. What ipad are you using?
    S4+3D=FUN

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Xander1 View Post
    Yes I could control cubasis drums with the 3D was basically plug and play think you could use it with GarageBand aswell but haven't tried. What ipad are you using?
    I have a white iPad 3rd generation. I was hoping I could use it with apps like DM1 drum machine and iMaschine. how have you gotten yours to work? because as I said my iPad says that the midi fighter 3d needs more power than the iPad can give. even with a powered usb hub.

Tech Convert

I have a white iPad 3rd generation, and I was hoping to use the midi fighter 3D with apps such as Dm1 Drum Machine and iMaschine.

Tech Convert

Default ipad

I have a white iPad third generation.

Tech Convert

Default Ipad3

I have an ipad 3rd generation white.

I am using an iPad Air so that might be something to do with it.
    S4+3D=FUN

Tech Convert

Default Ipad Air or Ipad 3

I am using an iPad Air so that might be something to do with it.
    Hmmm, Ok thanks for the help!

Tech Convert

You can use a Midifighter 3D with an iPad! But, you need a powered usb hub, since the led's a gyros are a little too much power for it. The original MF classic, as well as the twister (usually), works without a powered hub.

Default iPad Midifighter setup

Ok so there are 2 ways that I use my 3D along with a Twister with an iPad or iPhone. The first involves using an iconnectmidi to allow for python scripts to be used in iOS using Ableton as an intermediary. If you want to do that let me know and I can help. If you are looking for a purely iOS setup which I prefer I strongly recommend investing in the MidiBridge app as it lets you do whatever you can think up! I use my 3D to control NanoStudio both with the TRG drum rack and Eden with MidiBridge splitting channels. Mapping the motion to Eden's dual XY pads makes for expressive sounds! Alchemy is also suited very well for the 3D to be used as a synth/drum controller. Clearly there are tons of apps that can be easily controlled by anything but MidiBridge opens up the possibility for complex mappings! Hope I helped a little!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast