PA Speakers for a pool party
    Tech Convert

Default PA Speakers for a pool party

Hello,

I am not quite sure as to where exactly to post this questions... so i put it in the general discussion thread, which i hope is okay.

So my question is: I am looking to 2 powered PA speakers. My budget is 700-800$. I have been looking into the Mackie Thump 15A (the new model), JBL EON515XT, and Behringer 215D. As of now I am favoring the JBL however, am I not sure if there might be better options out there. I am going to be playing house/dubstep/trap music, so I'm also looking for speakers that itself have a good base to it, as I can't afford subwoofers yet.

I am looking to have them set up for my pool party where there will be roughly 100-150 people.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Tech Guru

Bass, outdoors, is an expensive game to play. For a system that is indoors, with a certain amount of bass...to get that same low end response outdoors requires 2x to 4x the number of subwoofers. Or "Low, Loud, Small"...pick two.

Of the speakers listed, none have a "clear" advantage in terms of total output or low end extension. The JBL and Mackie are both "name brand" models and will be fine. The Behringer will have a stigma, but will also be fine.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Mentor

For that budget, why not use 1 top and 1 sub speaker instead? Do you really need stereo?

Tech Convert

They are going to be used for a pool party once a year. The rest of the year they will be used inside for parties, and I am hoping that the base from the speakers will be sufficient without having to add additional subwoofers, which is why I want to go with the dual speakers instead of 1 speaker plus sub.

I do have a KRK 10" subwoofer for my recording studio. Could that if need be bring an additional kick?

Thanks for the help so far.
    Last edited by chiropracTOR; 07-11-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Hardware question, hardware forum.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I would personally just rent some gear from a local music store.