Looking for advice on mixers now

Default Looking for advice on mixers now

As you may be able to tell I have little cash burning a hole in my pocket and I have some needs. I have a NI X1 and F1 and nothing to mix it with so Im in need of a mixer that I can control in Traktor. The only two midi mixers I know of are the Z1 from NI & the Behringher MM-1, the Z2 is out of my leauge.. Ive even mapped the faders on my F1 to the ones on Traktor but wasnt satisfied. Now Im looking for a hardware/software based mixer besides the two I already mentioned, maybe there Isn't any better solutions if so please let me know.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Mentor

Another option is get a standalone mixer, and a cheap 2 channel soundcard (NI Audio 2). DJTT did a recent article comparing budget 2 channel mixers. Wouldn't be as expensive as the Z2, but allows you to add things to your setup later on if needs be (CDJs, TT's).

However, Z1, X1, F1 is a nice and matching little setup.
    Traktor: Custom 1210s - NI Z2 - F1 - X1
    Rekordbox: CDJ 350s - Xone 23 - Rmx 500
    Production: Ableton - Machine Mk2 - 49 key midi keyboard - KRK 6s

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The only two midi mixers I know of
    Theres a ton of mixers you could use e.g. MXR 14, Behringer DDM4000

Did you try Googling for something like Midi DJ mixer ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Theres a ton of mixers you could use e.g. MXR 14, Behringer DDM4000

Did you try Googling for something like Midi DJ mixer ? ...
    Of course I did, I think Im going to get the MXR 10 I really dont need four channels for my bedoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    Another option is get a standalone mixer, and a cheap 2 channel soundcard (NI Audio 2). DJTT did a recent article comparing budget 2 channel mixers. Wouldn't be as expensive as the Z2, but allows you to add things to your setup later on if needs be (CDJs, TT's).

However, Z1, X1, F1 is a nice and matching little setup.
    I forget if it was DJTT may have been but those werent budget mixers in my opinion, $300 + is not budget for me. I fullfilled another want and got me a used Denon DN-SC2000 so the mixer will have to wait for another payday. You're right the Z1, X1 and F1 is a nice setup but with a Z2 i'd be in heaven.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Guru

Behringer DDM4000 is pretty budget. It goes for like 150 used I thought?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior