You know about that whole Tenwalls thing...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You know about that whole Tenwalls thing...

Would have posted this in the topic on the front page, but I don't have Bookface or whatever.

Anyway:

http://www.discogs.com/Ten-Walls-Wal...elease/5591796

From the comments:

Walking With Elephants is a total copy of Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights, just check it yourself, this track is more like a remix of Gregor's track. Also Gregor's original is much better anyway, this is just a ripoff.

copycat. stolen track

For reference:

A Thousand Nights:

Walking With Elephants:

Holy shit. Just waiting for Will.I.Am to make a version now about popping bottles. Someone call up Arty.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    [I]Walking With Elephants is a total copy of Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights
    ...the main difference being that I had 400 people going bat shit crazy to the Tenwalls track last Friday but I bet if I'd have played the Tresher track people would have moaned that I'd played the wrong version.

Life sucks - for Tresher anyway... but then I have to do play this crap once a week so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Life sucks - for Tresher anyway... but then I have to do play this crap once a week so ...
    I'm pretty sure Tresher is doing okay, and if he needs to, he can call on Cocoon, Drumcode, Ovum, & Music Man (i.e. some of the biggest techno labels out there) for support.

I just wanted to point out that it's kind of ironic that Tenwalls' management is hassling DJTechtools when the track they are asserting rights to is in itself a copy.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    I just wanted to point out that it's kind of ironic that Tenwalls' management is hassling DJTechtools when the track they are asserting rights to is in itself a copy.
    Ah yeah, get ya. Forgot about that. Good point.

Tech Mentor

That is... disturbing. How can artist keep getting away with this? It's so obvious. I bet you can even prove it's mathematically the same.

Tech Guru

a lot music being produced nowadays seem to just ripoff old songs and make em sound in the times but yea, not really doing nothing new.
    but isn't that what dance music is based on? in a sense?

PS
    tresher one is off the chain , way above the ten walls, as its not trying to be underground or anything like that, its just being a song.
    Last edited by enorjy; 07-12-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Tech Mentor

Similarities here too!

Ten Walls - Requiem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gpyu...GpyuXwIM0g#t=0

Will Saul - Mbria

Tech Mentor

sure imitation is an act of admiration and all of that, and goodness knows I have a stack of remakes of basic channel phylips track II but still...

you gotta make it your own!

Wow... that is bad.

Also, how do 400 people go "bat shit crazy" to a song like this??? It's nothing more than background music...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast