Mixer view in Serato DJ?

Default Mixer view in Serato DJ?

Hi

I am a Traktor user, and I just got myself a Pioneer DDJ-SR. After playing around with Traktor mappings, I found most of them not fully usable for my needs, and decided to try out Serato DJ and see what it offers.

I am liking the overall integration of hardware and software, but am missing a few things. I am not sure if these are features I can't find, or whether they don't exist, so would be great to get the forum's help on this one -

1. Where can I see the state of the mixer? How do I know what my EQs and faders are set to, and whether the knobs are off from the software value? For example, when I move from Deck 1 to Deck 3, how do I know when the soft takeover kicks in?

2. Is there any way to have the sample panel and the FX panel on the same screen? I find it a nuisance to go from one to the other every time.

3. It seems some functions are not mapped/ mappable on the DDJ-SR. Eg Quantize, Assigning FX to Master, etc. Is that true or am I missing something?

Would be great to get your advice on these, especially the first. It seems a bit strange to not have a mixer view if a supported controller uses soft takeover.

Cheers
    Sid

1. There's no on screen mixer, that's what the hardware is for. I never used the sr but I just assume the EQ/level is just grouped and that's the trade off for that controllers smaller size.
    2. Nope.
    3. Nope.