Economic Player CD that can be used as a midi? Help!

Default Economic Player CD that can be used as a midi? Help!

I'm close to buy a Pioneer DDJ SX, but also I want two CD players to use as midi controllers that be cheap (My first option are the Numark NDX400 although not midi, but I could spend a little more), so my questions are :

1) Can I complement the four channels? I mean, you could use both of the sx as "a" and "b", and the two midi players as "c" and "d"
    2) If I use in that way (like midi), I'm almost certain that the USB input is disabled and the disk but, can anybody confirm me?
    3) If I buy the NDX400 (non midi), can I record via SX using it as external mixer using a computer?
    4) If I get the NDX400 (not midi), what happens if I put two channels of the SX in midi and the other two players in line?
    5) Can you recommend me another economic midi CD player?

Thanks to any reply, Cheers!

Tech Guru

What software are you using?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    What software are you using?
    I am using traktor

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    Do you really need 4 jog wheels? If youre a beginner, two decks will give you plenty to be going on with. You cant actually use more than two jog wheels at once.

You can switch decks on the SX to control decks C and D.
    Thank you, but nope, i am not a beginner, i know that i can use two channels in a deck, but i want the cd players more as an "emergency" (I mean, for example if in a gig, the software fails, as happened me last time) but also that i can use it normally, and i prefer a controller because it have more functions that i can get in a normal mixer for a more affordable price.
    Thank you

Tech Guru

I don't get it. Why do you want a CD player and software?

If you just want platters, get a Denon SC2000.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior