The official NUMARK NV Hype thread.....!! It's Here!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

CDJs already work in all DJ software. You can bring a cheap MIDI controller for software FX - they obviously aren't on the CDJs themselves since all the FX are on the mixer, with the advantage of being post-fader.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    CDJs already work in all DJ software. You can bring a cheap MIDI controller for software FX - they obviously aren't on the CDJs themselves since all the FX is on the mixer, with the advantage of being post-fader.
    I know bro, but the idea is to make things easy for the DJs. Why the DJs have to brings 4 usb cables, one FX-dedicated MIDI controller, one usb-hub, one...... get it? Why WE have to buy all the stuff and solve all the problems?

Money is a problem for us much more than it is for the club owners, let them spend.

The club standard gear is limited for software users, period. Ask yourself, should it continue to be limited or should if fit more of your needs on the near future? Considering the solution is to simply unite technologies that already exist.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

You don't need to bring all that equipment. 2/3 USB cables is perfectly adequate.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Well, the "mixer" area is taken from the DDJ-SZ which has only two "decks" but with buttons to choose between A/C or B/D.

I had an idea of Pioneer selling separate "Decks" that would fit on both sides of this monster so people would not have to choose between A or B or C, with a price of course.
    Sorry, I was talking about all the controller concepts & the NV, not the pioneer mock up individually. Two get rid of the laptop you need to see 4 decks at once, your idea would make it a more logical step.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by anteater32 View Post
    Sorry, I was talking about all the controller concepts & the NV, not the pioneer mock up individually. Two get rid of the laptop you need to see 4 decks at once, your idea would make it a more logical step.
    Sorry I didn't know. Yes your question makes all the sense for the numark nv.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You don't need to bring all that equipment. 2/3 USB cables is perfectly adequate.
    Same answer in post #32.

I don't own Pioneer, neither the clubs I go, I have to stand for my needs, if not bringing aditional stuff means other people spending their money, great!

I want more hotcues, not having to bring a lot of cables, not having to bring external MIDI controllers, external mixing, etc.

You may have the solutions clear in your head, so do I, but we have to agree there is a lot of DJs who use unnecessary stuff, like soundcards when the mixer already has a built in one etc. Making things more simple will be specially good for the ones who didn't spend months or years on DJ forums or gigging like me and you.

I am a DJ and I want things to be more confortable for me, is it wrong?

Tech Guru

Put those things in your rider then.

If you don't have one, you're not important enough for the club/promoters to care if you're comfortable.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Put those things in your rider then.

If you don't have one, you're not important enough for the club/promoters to care if you're comfortable.
    But the whole DJ comunity is, that is the point.

Even if I had a club or dozens of them I would not be important enough, just by myself, to order the manufacturing of some gear I imagine.

If no DJ stands for what they want none of us will be important enough for anybody.

I'm not asking everybody to do a big riot on some club, but simply to understand that if you are the user you have the right to ask for stuff.
    Last edited by Daniboy; 07-17-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Tech Guru

Now, does anyone reading this thread would dislike to see the equipment I've shown on a DJ booth?

Considering, if I lost some detail, that it is a mix of all the features of two CDJ-2000Nexus, one DJM-900Nexus and a DDJ-SZ.

Tech Guru

What do you mean the whole DJ community? Nearly all professional DJs use CDJs, turntables or modular controllers. People who use all-in-one controllers are usually either people who've just started or simply don't have the possibility to use a standard set up at the venue. A very big number of the DJs who use all-in-one controllers at clubs tend to be the ones who've just downloaded traktor illegally together with "beatport top 100 deep house tunes m8" and can't even set their stuff up.

And no, I wouldn't like that set up for quite a few reasons.

1) Pioneer isn't the only company which makes mixers, there are still lots of DJs who prefer A&H.
    2) If one part of the controller breaks, you need to buy a new controller.
    3) If you want more than two decks, you need to add CDJs anyway.
    4) This design is ridiculously busy and lots of those knobs and buttons will be in the way of people who use the set up with CDs/USBs/SD cards.
    5) Some DJ booths are small and require the CDJs to be on stands which in this case is not possible.
    6) Not all clubs will be able to afford this anyway, so you'd need cheaper versions of the controller which will lead to worse build quality.

I understand your concerns, but if you're not making enough money for an X1 or two (and possibly an A6), you probably don't gig often enough for the clubs to care about your comfort.

Also, I was talking about putting stuff like cables and modular controllers in your rider.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast