The official NUMARK NV Hype thread.....!! It's Here!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Getting back to the OP: My only surprise is this thread not being opened in the hardware forum.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    What do you mean the whole DJ community? Nearly all professional DJs use CDJs, turntables or modular controllers. People who use all-in-one controllers are usually either people who've just started or simply don't have the possibility to use a standard set up at the venue. A very big number of the DJs who use all-in-one controllers at clubs tend to be the ones who've just downloaded traktor illegally together with "beatport top 100 deep house tunes m8" and can't even set their stuff up.

And no, I wouldn't like that set up for quite a few reasons.

1) Pioneer isn't the only company which makes mixers, there are still lots of DJs who prefer A&H.
    2) If one part of the controller breaks, you need to buy a new controller.
    3) If you want more than two decks, you need to add CDJs anyway.
    4) This design is ridiculously busy and lots of those knobs and buttons will be in the way of people who use the set up with CDs/USBs/SD cards.
    5) Some DJ booths are small and require the CDJs to be on stands which in this case is not possible.
    6) Not all clubs will be able to afford this anyway, so you'd need cheaper versions of the controller which will lead to worse build quality.

I understand your concerns, but if you're not making enough money for an X1 or two (and possibly an A6), you probably don't gig often enough for the clubs to care about your comfort.

Also, I was talking about putting stuff like cables and modular controllers in your rider.
    I already gig with a Xone:K2 & cables.

1) A&H may have better mixers, but, as you said, club owners don't care if you are confortable, why would they spend more on A&H mixer when they can buy the whole Pioneer setup cheaper? A&H may be very popular in UK, but DJM mixers are way more used around the world, being worse or not. Also it's an idea for Pioneer, which is the only company able to do it. If A&H starts making some high-end CDJ-like media players tell me, I would be happy to know.
    2) You won't buy anything, its not portable, its meant to be a club standard, the club will deal with the costs. Do you fix the club's CDJs when they are broke?
    3) You can add 2 more CDJs if you want, so what? I'm not asking Pioneer to finish the CDJ production next month. Also take a look on post #26.
    4) Well, as a software DJ someone could see CDJ+DJM setups as busy too, as there are too much knobs and buttons on the way. So, the USB DJs are more important? They can't be bothered while software DJs have to bring bags full of cables and sh*t?
    5) So these clubs won't use it
    6) So these clubs won't use it

I'm not trying to save the world here, I'm trying to make the DDJ-SZ idea doable, because it is simply the most awesome controller ever and it is ridiculous to have a booth with a CDJ+DJM setup and on its side a gigantic controller that looks EXACLY the same as the CDJ+DJM setup! It is such a waste of space and money!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Yes, the SZ is a waste of space and money, which is why clubs aren't installing it.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Yes, the SZ is a waste of space and money, which is why clubs aren't installing it.
    Yes! And it is cool isn't it, wouldn't you like to have one in front of you to play? Any DJ would.

Simply, if Pioneer already has the technology of the CDJs+DJM and of the DDJ-SZ, mix them and do something that would make DJs happy. In the end, it will be much cheaper and much more compact than a CDJs+DJM+DDJ-SZ booth.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

1) Lots of BIG DJs use A&H.
    2) If a CDJ breaks, the club replaces it. If a small part of the controller breaks, they have to replace the whole thing which is worse because it's more expensive AND it stops the music.
    3) And do you think that a set up of 2 CDJs and 2 CDJ-like pieces of plastic is acceptable?
    4) Again, no one cares about the small DJs, it's about the headliner. Using the CDJs is standard for big, even 'medium' DJs.
    5) That kind of kills the point about making this magical standard, doesn't it? If you're a small DJ, you're more likely to play at smaller, poorer clubs which won't be able to cater to your needs.

DDJ-SZ was made to give bedroom users a cheaper way of mimicking a standard club set up, so that they can show up at a club with a USB stick and be comfortable.

And no, not every DJ would like one because it's a toy.

Tech Guru

1) Lots of BIG DJs use A&H.
    2) If a CDJ breaks, the club replaces it. If a small part of the controller breaks, they have to replace the whole thing which is worse because it's more expensive AND it stops the music.
    3) And do you think that a set up of 2 CDJs and 2 CDJ-like pieces of plastic is acceptable?
    4) Again, no one cares about the small DJs, it's about the headliner. Using the CDJs is standard for big, even 'medium' DJs.
    5) That kind of kills the point about making this magical standard, doesn't it? If you're a small DJ, you're more likely to play at smaller, poorer clubs which won't be able to cater to your needs.
    1) Mostly with midi controllers not CDJs, They can bring their own gear, no problem. The club pays for the DJ to play, no club will buy stuff because this or that DJ wants it. The "BIG DJ" may like A&H but if he arrives on a place that has a DJM and he didn't brought his lovely A&H he will have to use the Pioneer.
    2) If a Pioneer mixer breaks it stops the music too, then the music stays off for a moment while people get other mixer. If it breaks you can replace it for something else, its not the end of the world. Again I'm telling no club to throw mixers on the garbage.
    3) Pieces of plastic? Why would the most expensive DJ equipment ever made be some pieces of plastic? Just because you are making it all-in-one doesn't mean you will make it for children to play. I don't know, I didn't get your question. The "Decks" will be CDJs, but with more buttons and linked to the mixer area.
    4) It won't change nothing for CDJ users! Who cares if there are some more buttons?! You talk like people will get so disgusted to see the equipment that they won't even touch it hahahaha
    5) So all the software DJs are small DJs? Also I never saw this kind of club where there is no space for CDJ+DJM setup.... I've been to many countries in Europe (not UK), many cities in USA and many many clubs in South America and never saw a club like this in my entire life, sorry.

DDJ-SZ was made to give bedroom users a cheaper way of mimicking a standard club set up, so that they can show up at a club with a USB stick and be comfortable.
    What??? Do you know what a DDJ-SZ is? Cheaper way? USB Stick?

It is the most expensive controller available!

Why would someone buy the most expensive DJ-software controller on earth to train how to use USB Sticks on CDJs?!

Its like buying a Ferrari to master the skills of sailling a yacht!

Sorry but if there is a reason for Pioneer making the DDJ-SZ it is NOT to train people for CDJ using. The cheap CDJs are made for this.

Tech Guru

Jesus fucking Christ.

1) DJs put the gear that they want in their riders. If the DJ isn't provided with a Xone 92, they have the legal right not to play and still get paid. This is why big clubs have both mixers.
    2) Mixers don't break often. CDJs and controllers do. And you're dodging that.
    3) You're not very good at maths are you?
    4) Again, no one cares about people who use controllers. Why would you make things more uncomfortable for the headliner so that some kid can save 2min for cables?
    5) You're misquoting me, some booths require the CDJs to be on stands. Do you know how wide a DJM+2xCDJ+2xTechnics set up is?

Again, your maths is horrible.

Tech Guru

Jesus fucking Christ.

1) DJs put the gear that they want in their riders. If the DJ isn't provided with a Xone 92, they have the legal right not to play and still get paid. This is why big clubs have both mixers.
    2) Mixers don't break often. CDJs and controllers do. And you're dodging that.
    3) You're not very good at maths are you?
    4) Again, no one cares about people who use controllers. Why would you make things more uncomfortable for the headliner so that some kid can save 2min for cables?
    5) You're misquoting me, some booths require the CDJs to be on stands. Do you know how wide a DJM+2xCDJ+2xTechnics set up is?

Again, your maths is horrible.
    1) Ok, Richie Hawtin, please list the other BIG DJs who need a Xone 92 or else won't play. Note that they need to be BIG, just because you like or admire them doesn't make them any BIG.
    2) Pioneer stuff don't break often. Using a solid, expensive and heavy controller will give the DJs oportunity to not use their cheap portable easy-breaking controllers. And you're dodging that.
    3) I'm an engineer, you are not good with argument creation are you?
    4) Hahaha how having some more buttons will make the headliner more unconfortable? Those people stand on pallets at festivals bro! They are not from the Royal Family.
    5) No one uses a DJM+2xCDJ+2xTechnics set up. You use CDJs or you use Technics.

I'm an engineer, what is your graduation? just being curious.

You are going so far to prove that the idea is not good that this is getting hilarious hahaha

Tech Guru

1) Marcel Dettmann, Ben Klock, Optimo and Sven Vath to name a few.
    2) Pioneer equipment is sturdy, yes, but it is not uncommon for drinks to be spilt on CDJs or certain buttons (e.g. Cue) to break due to abuse.
    3) Calculate the price of the DDJ-SZ and then the price of 2 CDJs and a DJM. Using two different types of CDJs doesn't make sense. Especially since your point is that you're trying to reach a standard.
    4) Those big ugly pads are really in the way. DJs who use CDJs are used to a certain layout. Not to mention how small the pitch faders on the SZ are.
    5) There's plenty of DJs who use both vinyl and USBs. Even if that weren't true, you still put them both in the booth, it's not like it's illegal for two DJs to use different mediums.

I'm a computer scientist and I have attended numerous competitions in Mathematics, including a few on international level. Not that I see why it matters.

No, I can't sleep and you're poorly defending your idea, so you're talking absolute rubbish to defend it. You don't have to agree with me, but at least make an effort.

Tech Guru

1) Marcel Dettmann, Ben Klock, Optimo and Sven Vath to name a few.
    2) Pioneer equipment is sturdy, yes, but it is not uncommon for drinks to be spilt on CDJs or certain buttons (e.g. Cue) to break due to abuse.
    3) Calculate the price of the DDJ-SZ and then the price of 2 CDJs and a DJM. Using two different types of CDJs doesn't make sense. Especially since your point is that you're trying to reach a standard.
    4) Those big ugly pads are really in the way. DJs who use CDJs are used to a certain layout. Not to mention how small the pitch faders on the SZ are.
    5) There's plenty of DJs who use both vinyl and USBs. Even if that weren't true, you still put them both in the booth, it's not like it's illegal for two DJs to use different mediums.

I'm a computer scientist and I have attended numerous competitions in Mathematics, including a few on international level. Not that I see why it matters.

No, I can't sleep and you're poorly defending your idea, so you're talking absolute rubbish to defend it. You don't have to agree with me, but at least make an effort.
    1, 2, 3, 4 & 5) My idea is awesome, deal with it!

Sven Vath? Isn't this Sven Vath playing on a Pioneer mixer?
    sven-vath41.jpg

Oh look! Marcel Dettmann playing on a Pioneer mixer too!
    070109-074.jpg

Come on Ben Klock! Don't play! They will have to pay you because of the contract!!
    34075.jpg

And Optimo.... well... they are so "BIG" that I can't find more than 3 or 4 photos of them playing on google....