The official NUMARK NV Hype thread.....!! It's Here!!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default The official NUMARK NV Hype thread.....!! It's Here!!

So I guess this might have taken some of us by suprise!!

Looks to be released this fall, with a price of $699.

Your thoughts??!!

http://www.numark.com/microsites/nv?...aign=Numark+NV

Last edited by tekki; 07-17-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Looks stupid, no touch functionality, what a fail!!!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

...so let me get this right... the big deal is that when you DJ you can just down rather than slightly to the right or slightly to the left to look at a laptop - yeah that clearly "Changes Everything".

I ain't saying it's not a cool idea to have screens on the controller but to say it "changes everything" is the worst statement ever. And people say NI go overboard.

Can you really close your laptop ? Cus the guy in the video does. If you can't then they are liars.

Oh and it's not a fail. It will be a decent controller with decent software...we all know that......

All that it changes is the angle of your head.

NEXT.

You will need something like Caffeine to keep the laptop awake if you close the lid.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

In my opinion... if the pioneer SZ controller had CDJ 2000 screens it would be the best controller on the market. If it had standalone functionality.. well then it would rule the market!!

Why is a point made of being able to be in touch with the music and not a laptop? Just don't look at the laptop and use your headphones.....
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    You will need something like Caffeine to keep the laptop awake if you close the lid.
    Word... unless Serato have a new feature coming that takes care of that. Unlikely.
    Anyhoo this simply renders the laptop to a glorified hard-drive. I'm unsure about that although it will doubtless have many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    In my opinion... if the pioneer SZ controller had CDJ 2000 screens it would be the best controller on the market. If it had standalone functionality.. well then it would rule the market!!
    Best for you maybe dude. I would not take that huge thing anywhere. Anything hailed as the best must be used in real life. I wonder just how many SZ's are being used by actual gigging DJ's. I think in this instance "Best" merely means 'most like CDJ's' ?

The NV looks about as big as is reasonable to use live.

I don't see a Master Volume LED on the NV or is that horizontal red strip the master VU? I wonder just how many times you won't look at the laptop as there are probably many reasons to do so which negates the USP of the NV.

On the subject of touch-screens. I see no need. It's just the usual clamour for everything on a controller. All the things you would do on a touch-screen you can do on the controller. I see no need for touch-screens unless - the controller is made smaller and some functions are just on the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Why is a point made of being able to be in touch with the music and not a laptop? Just don't look at the laptop and use your headphones.....
    Agreed. If your the kinda DJ that does very well prepared/programmed sets then you have barely no need to touch or look at the laptop anyway. I don't do manyt of those kinds of sets but I'm still no microwave DJ. It's a non issue.

Tech Guru

The Master VUs are right in the middle. Lid closing is a standard customizable setting on all laptops - you don't need new software or a Serato feature for this.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Schalenberg

I don't know. I kinda feel like the screen is redundant. Screen on laptop, screen on controller. The only thing missing is Google Glass.

Schalenberg

Oh, and an Oculus Rift.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast