Mixer Help

Thread: Mixer Help

Default Mixer Help

i am currently looking for a mixer to go with both of my Audio-Technica AT-LP120's. Right now i am in music production school and we use the DJM-350 which is a great mixer but the only problem is that it doesn't have any XLR ports what so ever so i cant hook it up to any speakers unless if i buy a DI box but even if i do i have heard that a DI box still doesn't give you a great sound compared to if it was hooked up directly. so basically my question is can anybody give me some names of different 2 channel mixers to use that have XLR ports that are at least on par with the DJM-350 or better than the 350?

Tech Mentor

Xone 23 or DJM 250. Had both. Like both.

Quality 2 channel mixers with effects built in are pretty hard to find. Denon do some decent units.
    Traktor: Custom 1210s - NI Z2 - F1 - X1
    Rekordbox: CDJ 350s - Xone 23 - Rmx 500
    Production: Ableton - Machine Mk2 - 49 key midi keyboard - KRK 6s

Yeah, Denon X600 is in a different league - but worth it
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

What's your price limit?

Ecler Nuo 2 is not a bad choice either.

Honestly though, you can pick up a lot of 4 channel mixers used for pretty cheap nowadays for the same cost as a 2 channel mixer new.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    What's your price limit?

Ecler Nuo 2 is not a bad choice either.

Honestly though, you can pick up a lot of 4 channel mixers used for pretty cheap nowadays for the same cost as a 2 channel mixer new.

I if could i would like to stay around the $600 dollar mark

I use the mackie 4d pro , good 4 channel mixer and it is traktor certified, got it for 500$ used @ a local music store.

two or four channels is the big question , if you're going for production school & you dj its always nice to have more channels available to you.

I run 2 decks and then my desktop through my mixer to my speakers from my m-audiophile soundcard leaving one extra channel which I just have a RCA to 3mm jack so anyone can just hook up a Ipod or phone to it.

thank you for the feedback everyone. i actually just bought a DJM-400 after looking around reading reviews and getting some feedback from professors i am going to stick in the Pioneer branch