Powered Bookshelf Monitors Recommendations
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Powered Bookshelf Monitors Recommendations

Ok so basically my bedroom DJ set is done all I need are some smallish powered monitors. What do you guys reccommend, I think Rockits are too big for me but what do I know. I like them to be affordable (of course) lol. Something I can plug into my mixer via rca jacks thanks..
    Last edited by bc6; 07-15-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If Edifier Studio Series are Available to you, I'd highly recommend them (not their multimedia range).

My Review here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=82455

Tech Guru

Mackie MR5Mk2/3
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Get the KRKs. They make 5, 6, and 8s. I have one of their subs, and like it too.
    botstein, how careful do you need to buy with the sub placement? I'm thinking about buying a sub or a subpac (for neighbor reasons).

Tech Wizard

I should also add that I have the KRK Rokit 5's. I like them, but as you can probably tell, I'd like some more low end.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I'm a brass player, and have always had trouble finding a place to practice that doesn't bother people outside of business hours, and found that silent brass works for me, but not for all of my practice all of the time.
    Totally off topic, but it's always nice to find another DJ who also plays a brass instrument!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Totally off topic, but it's always nice to find another DJ who also plays a brass instrument!!
    For real! I've played trumpet for 14 years, although it's been a lot less the last 5 or so.

Tech Guru

I played French Horn for 7 years! Stopped after high school though.

I really like my Mackies, you gotta listen to them in person and see what your ears like best. I hated the KRKs because they sounded muddy.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

I wish I learned trumpet, always wanted to get into jazz.

I also wish I learned more theory when I was learning my instruments

Hey guys seriously
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast