Itunes Into software - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Mate we've rocked out with 192 vbrs! the thing is now that i only use 320s and platinum notes they are almost unplayable compared to
    that's a question for you, was going to get platinum notes i take it you would recommend it? as i might pick that up over the weekend and re do all my tracks and possibly re grid my whole collection, as it's all new i am only upto 1100 tunes since July

Yes get platinum notes! it really makes your tracks sound fantastic, especially lower quality ones. It takes AGES to process tracks, basically an hour per album, but is defo worth the time.
    My Process:

1. "Buy" Track lol
    2. Run Through Platinum Notes
    3. Run Through MiK
    4. Run Through Mp3 gain and normalise to 96db because platinum notes makes them too quiet.
    5. Grid Track
    6. Never use that track because i haven't listened to half the collection anyway

Oh one thing about PN tho, don't use the pitch correction as it makes gridding a pain in the ass end.
    Last edited by Jester; 10-23-2009 at 04:38 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Yes get platinum notes! it really makes your tracks sound fantastic, especially lower quality ones. It takes AGES to process tracks, basically an hour per album, but is defo worth the time.
    My Process:

1. "Buy" Track lol
    2. Run Through Platinum Notes
    3. Run Through MiK
    4. Run Through Mp3 gain and normalise to 96db because platinum notes makes them too quiet.
    5. Grid Track
    6. Never use that track because i haven't listened to half the collection anyway
    lol look forward to that, number 6) is very apt I buy tracks normally only mix the newest ones thus why I make mistakes, in the old days when i was regularly playing out i knew the tracks inside out, luckily I have slowed down on the purchasing to get to know my collection better, but your right there are plenty i won't ever play

what program do use for mp3 gain btw?

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

its free and pretty easy to use actually, u could just use PN to do it but as i said it takes ages to process tunes.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Cheers will check that out along with platinum..

Tech Guru

hmm .. not sure if i would really rely on PN fixing low bit rate songs .. also the company that PN tickts me off with their license policies -> http://ifnotwhynot.me/mixed-in-key-not-playing-nice
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Hmmm...

Was hoping to do a bit of DJing with a collection of R&B songs i had on iTunes. Most of them are 256kbs quality, but i can't seem to find a decent digital DJ site which includes "Pop R&B"/R&B with 320kbs standard, will it matter for this genre?

Hoping to start DJing in the following genres:

House, Electro, Progressive, Techno and a lil' of the above R&B from time to time...

Steve.

256 is fine mate. what i mean is if you start using HQ tracks along side say 192s there is a very noticeable difference in quality (to my ear anyway) say mixing from 2 320 tracks then bring in a 192 it will sound like shit basically. 320-256 wouldn't make much difference tho i'd imagine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12