Cleaning a Record with Wood Glue

Default Cleaning a Record with Wood Glue

seems legit!

Yep...and also VERY OLD!

Been told on DJTT a good few moons ago. But yeah...neat trick!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I've read about the miracles this does. Haven't had the stones to try it though.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Very interesting , wonder if there are certain glue's you want to sway away from....

Works great. I find that business cards work best for spreading the glue. If you are going to doa bunch, make sure that you have the space to store them for 24 hours and make sure that you put them on wax paper. I also have a writeup with pictures under the vinyl/CD section of this forum.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Quote Originally Posted by funke View Post
    Works great. I find that business cards work best for spreading the glue. If you are going to doa bunch, make sure that you have the space to store them for 24 hours and make sure that you put them on wax paper. I also have a writeup with pictures under the vinyl/CD section of this forum.
    i do this and then put them under my mattress to make sure they stay flat
    but everytime i go back under the mattress and lift..... i dont see them

Yeah? Lol

When the wood glue dries, it turns into a hardened sheet that is easy to peel off of the record. The only time that I've f'ed up a record is when I brushed the glue up onto the label and peeled it off a bit off.
    I've never heard such clarity from records that I used to play with in the late 80's. Ever.
    Do it. But be careful not to touch the labels.

If you want, add a drop of baby oil to a mixture of water and brush it on to clean, remove static and to lubricate the needle.
    Last edited by funke; 07-18-2014 at 12:16 AM.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

I was going to ask this but I googled it and found this interesting video.