2 x dj-tech kontrol one plus stanton 3m
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 2 x dj-tech kontrol one plus stanton 3m

i've got an idea.
    i want to make these kontrol one's a lot more portable... like fit in a backpack/laptop case/messanger bag kind of portable.
    as they are, they are very very thick, so that they'll sit up at the same height of a standard mixer.
    but really, they could be pretty thin, like vci-100 thin. i opened mine up:

i would just need some custom housing for them, what should i use!? aluminum would be awesome, but i wouldnt know where to begin with that.

then i would have a nice little setup like this:

that would fit in a bag

on second thought... i could see about going to a machine/cutting shop, and just have them chop off most of the top portion of buttom section, leaving just enough room for the jog and circuits to fit in there.

really really really cool idea... it would definitely be the perfect controller!
    and when you play in a club, it's just perfect, you put these on top of the CDJs, and your're ready!

I still can't believe that a company like Vestax didn't make a single deck midi controller for about 200 €... I guess there's a pretty big market for this.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I got get it cut at your local shop or make one out of wood. It would look pretty classy with with a wood housing. much like the livid ohm seen here

which is way easy to make at home since it's just a simple rectangle.
    Either way it will look pretty dope. good luck keep us posted

Tech Mentor

damn links won't work here is a direct link http://www.lividinstruments.com/imag...comp_site2.jpg

the wood housing on those Livid instruments is definitely classy!
    but there's no way i could pull that off myself O_0

Tech Mentor

Default Kontrol One

WOW ive been meaning to open my Kontol One's to see how much wasted room was underneath. This is frickin great that you posted the pics....THANKS

Its sad that there really isnt a quality small midi mixer that has come down the pike. I like the Stanton and all, but I need something with accual physical knobs and faders.

The X session Pro (Pro?) is the right size but lacks in pretty much every way possible.

And beyond that all the other options are too big...

i really think the stanton 3m compliments well for a couple of reasons.
    first, its a powered usb hub, so all these of these only use up one usb on my laptop.
    also, you can use the 3m w/o all that dascratch software. you can just straight program it with midi learn inside traktor or whatever. and the toggle buttons to switch between decks A&C and B&D still work just fine, as well as switching the sliders from eq's or effects.
    so for each kontrol one, and each side of the mixer, can all independently switch between decks.

the only catch is that when a kontrol one is on channel 1, it and the 3m will have overlaps of midi messages. but i just use channel 2, 3, and 4 for 3 deck mixing, and the other deck for audio through for mic.

whats the measurements on that setup? I have been looking at the mouser catalog

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast