Technics SL's voltage question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Technics SL's voltage question

Hi guys,

I just bought a pair of SL's. Actually, one 1200mk2, and one 1210mk2. Anyway, I got them from UK and they should be arriving soon. I don't know if they have that voltage switch, and since I already got them and they're, there's no point in phoning the guy to ask about the voltage.

What I want to ask is this: In case they don't have the voltage switch under the platter, a simple transformer like this should be enough, right?

http://www.okazii.ro/casa-altele/tra...10v-a146076025

Thanks

Tech Convert

A friend mentioned uk uses the same voltage, so I might just need to replace the actual plug.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

UK is 220v ... you don't mention where you are from

However if your voltage is 110, yes you will need a step down transformer.

Tech Convert

I'm from Romania, sorry. Thought I mentioned. So it's both 220, I should be set with just a new plug or plug adapter as we use the ones with two pins

iirc, the 1210 should have the switch and the 1200 shouldn't, but it depends on when they were made.

Tech Guru

the 10 in 1210 only denotes it's a black table.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

K. Like I said, I might have been wrong. All of my old 1210s had the switch and my current 1200s don't. And I think both of the 1210s I used to own had UK plugs that I had to replace.

AFAIK most technics turntables have the voltage selector, as one of my turntables is from america (has orginal american plug) However Romania uses the same voltage as the UK so all you would need is to have a plug adapter, or you can wire on a new plug yourself for a cleaner look.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, will get back to you in a few hrs. The courier is on the way with the 1200 and will see exactly what's up with it. I'll post some pics too.

The 1210 I just ordered should arrive next week Only difference will be the color, and as this 1200 gray model is not in it's best shape (got it quite cheap), I'll redo the paint. Actually, I joined these forums just for that, I saw some guides and stuff. I got all the information I need for a paint job. Will strip it to the bone, sand blast it, then have it paint in an auto shop with some custom black paint. Instead of the stickers for the technics logo and speed lights I'll just have some stencils cut on which I'll paint over to keep the "stock" look so to say. Should be quite interesting haha.

As for the plug, yep, I'll wire it. And depending on how they look, I might even change the wire too

Thanks again for the replies.

Tech Convert

Looks good, the only problem I have is with Traktor Scratch, Right channel is missing. I may have to change the RCA cables. Other than that, all good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast