Midi Twister questions
    Tech Convert

Default Midi Twister questions

Just purchased the Twister and having some issues. In the the utility software (2.62), there's options to adjust the RGB and LED brightness from 0 to 127. When I select a low value for example 10 (send to midi fighter) , there's no change in the brightness from 127. Am I missing something here? I'm also having trouble setting animations for each encoder...not sure how to do it.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1) I've just checked this and both global LED options are working for me in 2.62 (PC)
    If firmware is up to date then I suggest reloading your midifighter settings:

Tools > Midifighter > Factory Reset

2) Note that Twister animation works only with CC settings - it could be that your Pushbuttons are currently set to Note so the animation isn't showing up.

Animation uses the button CC but all the settings are placed in the >next channel. For instance, when button led is Ch1.CC001 the animation assignment corresponds to Ch2.CC001 and so on.

Keep us posted mate,

Tech Convert

Thanks for the feedback

1) About the brightness, I also noticed that when I change the brightness values and save the settings, when I exit the software utility and open it again, the values are reset to 127 for both settings. How bright are the leds on the highest setting.? I've seen videos on you tube and the buttons are glowing bright whereas mine are very flat even at the highest value

2) I've assigned encoder 15 (Bank 1) to toggle on/off loops in Serato which is working fine.
    Now what is the next step to set up the animation? Where and how do I input the values for animation? I'm new to this if you can't tell

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1) I couldn't produce this ether - do you run a Mac or PC? Did you make sure to factory reset unit in the MF Utility?
    The LEDs are pretty bright as you can see in Twister videos.

2) You should check this thread > http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...ctra+animation
    There is nice tutorial posted by BeauBrite on how to map animation for Spectra. You can use the same principals, just ensure to set your encoder Buttons to send out CC instead of a Note.

This four simple steps should help you learn to set button CC and get you on right track:
    -enable Multiple mode in the Utility
    -click on all 16 encoders to mark them
    -while all marked, click on the 'Switch Action Type' drop menu and select 'CC Hold' option
    -close Multiple mode and send to midifighter

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    1) I couldn't produce this ether - do you run a Mac or PC? Did you make sure to factory reset unit in the MF Utility?

2) You should check this thread > http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...ctra+animation
    There is nice tutorial posted by BeauBrite on how to map animation for Spectra. You can use the same principals, just ensure to set your encoder Buttons to send out CC instead of a Note.

This four simple steps should help you learn to set button CC and get you on right track:
    -while all marked, click on the 'Switch Action Type' drop menu and select 'CC Hold' option
    1) I've done the factory reset and no luck changing the brightness in global settings. The colors are still flat when changing the parameters. I'm using a PC
    with Windows 7.

2) I've done multiple settings as instructed. The switch action type is on CC Hold and Encoder Midi Type is on CC. I'm not seeing any options to select the animations? Maybe I have a defective unit...very frustrating.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post

I've done everything instructed and still no changes.
    I've reinstalled 2.62 and even installed 2.61 and there's no options for animations and brightness is still at one setting (dim). I've opened a support ticket and awaiting a response. If anyone had the same issue, please let me know how you resolved it. Thanks

Tech Convert

I was informed that since I'm using Serato, there's no Midi out support, which is why
    I cannot assign animations....bummer. Another question....I've mapped (in Serato) to turn on a loop using the push knob. How would I be able to change the loop notes from 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc using the rotary function?

Thanks