For those who have done 1210 target led mod..
    Tech Mentor

Default For those who have done 1210 target led mod..

I've got a target light out on my deck so i ordered a replacement LED kit from pimpmydecks. I'm handy with a soldering iron but know nothing about electronic so have been going over viperfranks's videos.

The instructions i've received are quite simple.. i've got the LED already attached to the cable ready to snip the capacitor and slot this in... but VF goes into more detail by adding a voltage regulator.

Im naturally inclined to follow VF's videos because he does an amazing job at explaining it, but want to know more about the differences? obviously if i can get the job done quicker and easier i'd like to go ahead with the easier method, i also read in the comments on youtube that the voltage regulator isn't needed..

This video ( ) talks through the 'easier' way. I have the same led/wire

thoughts?

Tech Guru

Incandescents and LEDs run at different currents. I imagine it also helps maintain the output of the LED at a constant brightness. It takes maybe 5 more minutes to solder up the voltage regulator.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Incandescents and LEDs run at different currents. I imagine it also helps maintain the output of the LED at a constant brightness. It takes maybe 5 more minutes to solder up the voltage regulator.
    ok thanks, i'll go with that

You dont need to replace the voltage regulator... if you do id suggest getting the one from kabusa.com
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

You're thinking of a different voltage regulator DjLiquitATL. He's just talking about a small one dollar voltage regulator you solder into the target light, not the DC voltage regulator.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior