Am I Too Oldskool To Use Traktor? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Sounds like you may need to take a look at the "Tempo" section in Traktor's prefernces, mate.

Do you have the tempo range set to 8% (like 1200's/12010's)? Because, if it's set to a higher setting (10% or 16%, say) then your pitch adjustments will be taking bigger "jumps" than you are used to... You'll be making the same size adjustment that you make with real vinyl (with an 8% pitch range) but the adjustment that Traktor makes (if your settings are at 16%) will actually be DOUBLE the adjustment that you have made on the turntable.

But you'll DEFINITELY want to get as low alatency as possible... <5ms, ideally (mine, I think, is 2.3ms using a DJM-850).

And I know what you mean about Traktor being "slow to catch up". I remember having this problem. If you change your pitch from 0% to +8% quickly, Traktor would take a second or so to make the adjustment, right? I did fix this - but I can't remember how!!! I'll check my preferences when I get home tonight and report back...

This will definitely help:

http://blog.dubspot.com/traktor-pro-...spots-dj-endo/

And you're not "too old school".

Even if you wore a red Kangol and shell toes w/fat laces.

Hi Patch,

I have played with the settings and i must say it is a lot lot better. I am actually comfortable using it now. I would say its 90% like playing on vinyl, but I am enjoying it.

After looking at the latency settings, i have noticed something else.

This is the "Mod" or "Hack" i did to allow me to use my DB4 as my sound card and remove the silver box that came with it.

As you can see from the attached pic below, the audio device i am using is Allen&Heath XoneB4 (Core Audio).
    Core Audio.jpg

Latency is 64 Processing is 1.5ms, Output 13.9ms Overall 15.4ms.

Since doing this "Mod" or "Hack" it has also provided me with another audio device in the drop down menu called Allen&Heath XoneB4 (Bit Accurate).
    Bit Accurate.jpg

The setting for this are Latency 64, Processing 1.5ms, Output 6.9ms & Overall 8.4ms.

That seems like a significant difference to me (even if i have no idea what it means).

The problem is, when i select the Bit Accurate option, there is no sound or anything.

Any Ideas What Bit Accurate means and why it doesn't do anything and also why is figures seem to be much better that the Core Audio option.

Thanks Guys,

Matt.
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

Tech Wizard

I can't Seem to post larger pics for some reason. i don't know why.

but trust me, thats what the settings say.

Matt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2 x CDJ2000 Nexus, 2x Technics 1210 M5G, 2 x Technics 1210 Mk2, Allen & Heath DB4, 15" Macbook Pro Retina, Traktor A10....And A Shitload Of Records!

upload your pics to dropbox or some such, and use the embed button in the advanced post options .... yeah, cant see shit from those tiny pics mate
    also, JSYK ... no more posting or questions regarding scratch hacks (bit of a no no around here)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    upload your pics to dropbox or some such, and use the embed button in the advanced post options .... yeah, cant see shit from those tiny pics mate
    also, JSYK ... no more posting or questions regarding scratch hacks (bit of a no no around here)
    Ok Jester, i will try the dropbox thing. Thanks, and sorry mate, i dint know that. I thought it would be ok being as i purchased it above board and all that?

Matt.

just use "theoretically" in your posts
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mattalik View Post
    I have played with the settings and i must say it is a lot lot better. I am actually comfortable using it now. I would say its 90% like playing on vinyl, but I am enjoying it.
    Not likely.. i've just tested Traktor's pitch range setting on vinyl and it has absolutely no impact on the decks pitch range. This setting is exclusively for internal faders on the software/controller decks.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    Not likely.. i've just tested Traktor's pitch range setting on vinyl and it has absolutely no impact on the decks pitch range. This setting is exclusively for internal faders on the software/controller decks.
    I meant the latency setting mate, not the pitch settings.

Once i adjusted the latency settings, i found Traktor to be much more responsive.

Thanks,

Matt.

Tech Mentor

I meant the latency setting mate, not the pitch settings.

Once i adjusted the latency settings, i found Traktor to be much more responsive.

Thanks,

Matt.
    ah right in that case yeah i think thats what improved it for me too.

Tech Mentor

What you want to do is open the image in a window directly and grab the url. From there put the url inside of something like this but without the spaces:

[ i m g ] link to image [ / i m g ]

You should end up with something like this:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast