New Upcoming Controllers from NI (Kontrol S8 thread) - Page 28
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

My guess is that it won't have settings for those things. If they do it, it'll be in a controller manager type thing, not in Traktor's settings.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    S8 will start shipping on Nov 1st.

Regarding traditional DJing, it ships with a Scratch license and the required timecode discs so you can always plug your TTs or CDJs to it.
    Actually, it doesn't ship with any TimeCode ... from the product website:

DESIGNED FOR TRAKTOR PRO SOFTWARE

TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 is built for seamless control of the included TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2* – the choice DJ software of countless professionals worldwide. Get in-depth control of your music with up to four software decks, customizable interface, timecode media, and advanced track library management.

*TRAKTOR SCRATCH timecode vinyl or CDs not included with TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 and must be purchased separately.

Bit of a letdown but I've got plenty of them floating around already.

Anyhow ... I saw one today in the flesh ahead of the Australian Launch Party next week, very neat, a little smaller than I expected, screens are really good and the resolution on the wave forms look like the iPad Traktor DJ App. It's certainly going to take a little bit to get into it's workflow but extremely fast to start making remix sets from live decks. Not that I use many effects but you have access to all 4 effects slots from all 4 decks with a few button pushes. Faders are way better than on the S4, crossfader is better than on the Z2 and the little remix faders feel way better than the F1 faders.
    I can see this working very well for remix decks as you have great visual of what each slot sample is without looking at the computer. I'm considering getting one of these but i will have to work on my remix deck content to justify it because honestly my pair of X1mk2 and DJM850 works very well with my current workf
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    Actually, it doesn't ship with any TimeCode ... from the product website:
    You are correct: http://goo.gl/r9nqjW
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

Tech Mentor

just placed my preorder I'm hell stoked!
    also i found out if you install chroma caps on the effects knobs and encoders below the screen the touch you will take away the touch sensitivity feature so beware when considering picking up chroma caps!!!
    also it ships out wit a scratch license and time code vinyl according to a djtt rep.

im not gonna buy the S8 but im looking forward to whatever traktor update that comes with it haha...
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Default S8 loop recorder?

Another dumb question- but I didn't see any controls specific to the loop recorder, that not happening in the S8?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    im not gonna buy the S8 but im looking forward to whatever traktor update that comes with it haha...
    I quite sure that in the spirit of NI all new futures are locked to the S8 for a long time as was with the Remix decks and F1.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    The biggest things I see are Freeze mode, which I (personally) can take or leave, and mapping some of the more detailed sample deck controls, though they're all available with the F1 (but not separate mappings, as far as I can see).

It'll be nice when it happens. But, I'm not sure what else is really there.

Update ready!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    this wont appeal to literally any traditional DJ (vinyl or cd).
    So obvious it's not worth stating.

At a push i could probably make my peace with the lack of jog wheel and use the touch strip instead, but no pitch fader? You're basically triggering loop samples. no thanks.
    From what I've seen, pitch is globally mapped to an encoder. Is that really so bad?

I believe it's also advertised as a full mixer, yet it has no USB support so still tethered to a laptop,
    I don't even know what you're saying here. What does "USB support" have to do with it being a full mixer? You can plug decks or CDJs into it, and use it as a mixer without having it plugged into a laptop if you choose. What, in that setup, does "USB support" accomplish?