Yet Another iTunes -> Traktor Question

Default Yet Another iTunes -> Traktor Question

seems there are a lot of questions dealing with itunes and traktor lately. anyway, this isn't a huge deal, but it's been annoying me lately since i've been getting a lot of new music.

i setup my genres in playlists in itunes, then import those playlists to traktor. however, when you put more songs in the itunes playlist, you have to re-import the entire playlist to traktor just to get a few new songs. is there any way around this?

thanks
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

yeah .. very annoying .. i dont know of any other way. plus the steps are tedious, since you actually need to remove all tracks from the playlist before reimporting.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

you can just put those songs into the playlist individually. You can just open iTunes and drag directly from the window into the Traktor playlist, I think.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I dont use itunes, but couldnt you sort by import date then just drag and drop the ones that are newest ?

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    you can just put those songs into the playlist individually. You can just open iTunes and drag directly from the window into the Traktor playlist, I think.
    got this email as i was about to import, tried it, but when you hover over traktor with songs it gives you a little file with a crossed through circle on it and won't accept them. bummer, as that would have been hella easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I dont use itunes, but couldnt you sort by import date then just drag and drop the ones that are newest ?
    hmm, will try this
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Hm... I'll have to play around today after I get some food in me

EDIT: I created a new playlist with nothing in it and could drag and drop directly from iTunes into it. I would need to load it into a deck to get it to read that I had gridded it and everything.

But if that's what you're doing, and you're genre tagging everything for the smart playlists, won't the genres load in Traktor, and then you can just sort by genre and drag and drop into the playlist?
    Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 10-25-2009 at 11:15 AM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

What I do is I just highlight all the songs in the iTunes explorer in traktor and drag and drop them to their respective playlists and then right click the playlist and select "remove duplicates".

Also with the new Traktor update it shows little cd case icons next to the songs you already have in your collection, but unfortunately there is no way to sort using them.