Beat griding - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beat griding

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:33 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No-one needs get bent out of shape here. Lets' just try and keep this thread (and the forum) a less confrontational place.
    People are always going to have differences of opinion but its the silly throw away remarks that actually get the place heated.

There's no need to put each other down.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    so you dont think the comment I was responding to is confrontational?

"Yes, little BPM drifts are impossible to be heard without another beat to compare... That oldschool talking is ridiculous..."

Referring to my opinion as ridiculous?
    Ok, I will be the first one to start the Gandhi style here...

.....Goosfraba.....
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    No-one needs get bent out of shape here. Lets' just try and keep this thread (and the forum) a less confrontational place.
    People are always going to have differences of opinion but its the silly throw away remarks that actually get the place heated.

There's no need to put each other down.
    I agree with you.

No hard feelings, I admire some people in this forum, you are one of these people
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It's all good my man. I'm just trying to keep the peace.

COOL.

Quote Originally Posted by feedbackl00p View Post
    Mate, look back at your posts. I state a personal opinion. You then spend the next 5 pages trying to tell me personally how Im wrong, quoting words I havent said, arguing passionately against points I havent made. Then when I ignore you, you follow me into another thread and start it there.

Take a look at yourself.
    You're not wrong about your opinion. It's yours and it's valid. I took issue with what I perceived to be condescending comments about something I'm passionate about. If I misinterpreted your intent, I apologize. I certainly wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I get a little fired up by the elitist attitude against modern forms of Dj'ing with technology (which I apparently wrongly assumed you had). We really all share the same passion; we just disagree on the best way to express it.
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 07-29-2014 at 10:41 PM.

*puts down his popcorn
    Ok guys, lets get back to topic

Quote Originally Posted by TechDozer View Post
    Hi everyone!

Decided to beat grid all my track (at last got the courage to do it) in Taktor...

I am find some track that are made in for ex. 124.113 and it looks fine but when i adjust to 124 everything gets messed up.. i starts with grids on the beats and goes out of the beat after the first break.. and so on.
    When i adjust the beat grid into position, the start falls apart.

Is it like that some tracks are just ment to be 124.113 and it cannot be adjusted?

And the other thing is, a few tracks that is 126 BPM gets detected as 186, is there anyway to fix that? ofc i cant BM yet so no comments on that..

Yes, some tracks are just meant to be on that tempo and you shouldn't manually round the BPM because, as you have seen, the grid goes out of beat by the end of the song.
    My personal experience is that you can get by with rounding the BPM that is no more than 0.010 bpm, I usually correct the 128.005 bpm to 128 and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    How does tapping work? Should you:

1) Delete existing Grid
    2) Tap the tempo
    3) Set first Beat marker?
    Correct.
    Tap the tempo from the first beat, important. Also, funny thing is, on TPro 1.2.7, tap doesn't seem to be the only source of bpm and beat marker information. Traktor seems to combine it with his analysis (even though you deleted the grid) and again, calculate the BPM & place the grid wrong.
    On such tracks, I had no option but to tap out the BPM on a third-party software, manually enter it in traktor and place the first Beat market.
    Have no idea if that's changed in TP2.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

It takes about 5-10 seconds to manually grid a track. If the tempo drifts, then shit happens.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast