Trying to recreate the kick from Ferry Corsten's "Black Light"....

Default Trying to recreate the kick from Ferry Corsten's "Black Light"....

it's a big-room sounding kick, but bigger and punchier almost, if that's possible. Starts @ 4:13. Anyone have any tips to recreate it, or know where I can find a similar sample?

EDIT: MAKJ uses a similar kick in his tracks Springen and Countdown.
    Last edited by BigBen7310; 07-29-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: found new info
    DJBK - 18 yr old DJ from NY -Asus G74SX w/ Core i7 2630QM 12GB RAM -DDM4000 -TTXUSB -DN-S1200 -MPD32 - Novation Twitch (custom mapped for road gigs)

"It’s not love for music, it’s a passion, and it goes beyond liking, and beyond a hobby, it’s about a way of living… Music is essential for my life." - Armin Van Buuren

you can always use melodyne to extract the kick from the track, need a .wav file though.

Tech Convert

I would also like to know how this is done.......

If u can find a it playing cleanly enough (nearly or completely on its own would be good) you could always chop it out, normally these appear towards the end of the track (haven't had a chance to listened to the track yet). If it isn't clean enough, it maybe possible with a little surgical EQing to isolate it further (a graphic EQ or spectrum analyser is useful for this) just hightlight desired kick in your chosen DAW or audio editor and get rid of frequencies that aren't produced by the kick. You will need a good quality version of the track preferably WAV but 320 MP3 can work if you can't get the WAV. Although I don't use it, I have heard using melodyne as suggested can also work. There are plenty of tutorials online that can help you with this if u get stuck but I would say that it will probably be worth layering this sampled kick with a kick of your own but that all depends how clean you can get it.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime