Soundcloud is slowly killing me
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Soundcloud is slowly killing me

[rant]Now, I know that there has been a huge fuss lately over Soundcloud taking down mixes/bootlegs, removing mixes and even in some instances deleting user accounts in general... Basically every major artist uses Soundcloud at this day and age as well as every aspiring artist out there.

Looking back a few months, I used to be able to upload a mix, add it to groups and it would generate hits, likes, comments, etc. Since these updates, I've noticed it has become very hard to acquire basic stats like these unless you have a real legitimate following behind you already... Has anyone else noticed a drop like I have? I would put out mixes, remixes, etc and as long as the content was steady, I would acquire followers and a boost in stats rather consistently... Now, I can barely rack up any type of stats unless you spam the hell our of your social media platforms, essentially begging for plays. Facebook has done this, has Soundcloud now done it as well? I feel as if I don't reach nearly as many people as I used to.

Point of the story:

Soundcloud is pissing me off. [/rant]

Tech Convert

its not just you. soundcloud has been on a slow decline since universal bought them. main reason of bootlegs and mixes either being taken down or stopped completely from being uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by trplkll View Post
    its not just you. soundcloud has been on a slow decline since universal bought them. main reason of bootlegs and mixes either being taken down or stopped completely from being uploaded
    I noticed. I'm not some superstar with a huge following, but whenever I'd upload something new I'd up with a few hundred hits within a few days without doing much work.... Now I have to struggle to hit 200 plays a month. It's not fair to any artist who wants to get his music out there in a legit manner.

Tech Convert

i totally agree im not either but with some help from reposts and what not i used to get at least some plays but recently its gone down to an occasional follower here a few plays there type thing the results i was having have almost completely diminished

I've not noticed, but 200 hits for any particular item hasn't been attainable by me yet, so... If anything, I'd say I've been getting more hits lately, but it could be because my mixing doesn't suck as much.

I've also noticed productions tend to get more hits. Perhaps shorter items get played more? Although I know you post plenty of productions Kwal.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I've not noticed, but 200 hits for any particular item hasn't been attainable by me yet, so... If anything, I'd say I've been getting more hits lately, but it could be because my mixing doesn't suck as much.

I've also noticed productions tend to get more hits. Perhaps shorter items get played more? Although I know you post plenty of productions Kwal.
    I feel what you're saying... To me, it's been a major difference. Although, my last 2 mixes get more hits than the productions so I'm kinda twisted here lol

Schalenberg

I thought it was just me. Barely get hits anymore. It sucks.

Tech Wizard

That's one of the reasons I use Mixcloud for all my DJing stuff. Ideally I'd use Mixcloud for mixes and Soundcloud for my own edits and remixes, etc., but I just upload everything to Mixcloud now. Fuck Soundcloud.

Mixcloud isn't geared towards individual tracks, but it works.

I have Mixcloud

Cool setup, but don't find it very useful. Can't seem to get much going

Yeah, and the Android app for Mixcloud is woeful. If it were more like Soundcloud's in terms of being able to look at specific mixes and check your own profile, which the Mixcloud app doesn't allow and seems to behave more like Spotify.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast