best way to sync ableton and traktor
    Tech Convert

Default best way to sync ableton and traktor

the plan is to have to laptops one with traktor and s4 and other running ableton with launch pad or apc. im wanting traktor to me the master and yse ableton for live sampling accapellas and other stuf and possibly swutch between traktir and live sets on ableton. is this posaible and whats would be my best option? any help much appreciated

Send master tempo out from traktor, works best if you have midi hardware and don't use a virtual port (possible but depending on latency over network). You can set ableton to receive bpm info, map one scene of your controller to traktor, the other ableton or half and half on one scene, however it works for you! :-)
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

And be sure to save your live project and use as a 'template' after your mapping is done!!!
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Student

so would i sync both laptops together via midi cable and soundcard? cheers

Tech Convert

so the best way to sync the 2 laptops is midi cable frop laptop 1 to soundcard then midicable from their to laptop 2? sorry dont really have much of a clue about this but wanting to try work it out, cheers

Tech Mentor

Actually I hear ethernet link is the fastest and most stable.

Tech Convert

so can i do it with just an ethernet cable and ip midi or do i need a sound card aswell? cheers

Tech Mentor

Not sure if you can use the audio interface of the S4 on one computer on a ethernet linked 2nd computer. I would assume a separate audio interface. Personally with two laptops I'd have them independent as possible that way if something goes wrong on one end the other is still working. A Focusrite 2i4 should do the trick.