issues with cue on the VCI and Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default issues with cue on the VCI and Traktor Pro

Since I never got a serial number for LE and I cant upgrade to Pro and the VCI I recieved is ver 1.3, Im using Pro demo 1.2.1. Im having issues with cue. Actually the problem is, there is no cue. When I cue, I can hear the song cueing up in the speakers. Pushing the cue button on either deck just increases the vol. Im assuming the fade button next to the master vol control is the fader for the master out. When I turn the fader knob all the way to the left I can hear both songs, when I turn it to the right, it fades out all music. In Tpro settings for output routing, mixing mode is set to internal, output monitor is set for Presonus 0 &1, output master is Presonus 2 &3. I have a few more issues but I'll just take them one at a time til they're resolved.

Tech Wizard

So do you have your headphones plugged into the 0 & 1 for cueing and your master speakers plugged in 2 & 3?? What sound card are u using??

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Wow 2 of the same question in as many minutes.

Output - 1 & 2
    Monitor (cue) - 7 & 8

Start the Presonus Mixer software. That sorts the routing so that Cue works.

Tech Wizard

ok Karlos you lost me with the start the presonus mixer. What does the mixer that came with the presonus software have to do traktor? Ive set the settings in TPro output monitor to 1&2,its actually out0 and out 1. And output master to 7&8 which is actually out6 and out7. But I dont know where the Presonus mixer comes in to play? Just setting those in Traktor Pro didnt solve the problem.

Yeah ok, the outs are actually 1&2 and 7&8 on the actual soundcard. Traktor shows 0&1 and 6&7 as it starts with 0 rather than 1 but thats not important.

Honestly mate . Install or start the Mixer Software and your cue button will work. Start Traktor then start the mixer. Then select the Presonus in Prefs.

It will work. This is the way i do it, im sure there are others but as you have the same gear as me... it will work.

Tech Wizard

nothing dealing with Presonus in trak.Pro except audio setup and output routing and they're both already set. Is there a particular order that this has to be done every time or just one time to get it to work? Its not working. Im sure its simple I just cant figure this out. Both tracks are playing in cue at the same time. You hear any song thats being cued coming out on the master. I have my settings setup exactly how you have yours. Sound output is beautiful its just the cue thats messed up.

Follow this tutorial in the FAQ for setting up your Presonus Firebox with Traktor Pro - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3349

Sounds like you have the output settings that are messed up

Cant wait to end my 12 hour (12 HOUR!!!) shift and try this at home. I'll be catching a plane to NYC in 24 hours but I cant leave until trying this! THANKS!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Quote Originally Posted by kiltie View Post
    . I have my settings setup exactly how you have yours. Sound output is beautiful its just the cue thats messed up.
    Yes mate, ive already said it.

Start Traktor
    Start the Firebox Mixer
    Choose Your soundcard in Traktor Prefs
    Everything works.

There is a script that does it but i havent implemented it.

Mac or PC ?

To be honest dude. Its been 2 days now. Have you not just tried the Software Mixer advice yet ??? You would be up and running by now !!!

JUST TRY IT.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 10-25-2009 at 08:57 AM.

Tech Wizard

Thank you Karlos for taking the time to help me out.
    And thank you thank you thank you Bento. It was all a matter of clicking on the SpdifOut button in the mixer that made all the difference in the world.

Many thanks again to the both of you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast