Need advice choosing my first DJ gear - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

@Pestao - Approved your posts mate

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pestao View Post
    Maybe I should consider buying another Technics 1210/1200, a simple 2-channel mixer and a DVS system (Traktor Scratch Pro seems the right choice)? If so, what mixer should I get? A&H Xone:22 or 23 are nice, but I'm afraid they aren't durable - lots of complaints on the Internet about the filter popping sounds, noisy headphone output etc.
    we can see your replies now! I'm sure a few folks on the board have the 22/23 maybe someone can chime in. I only know the 62 and up but I hear the 42 is very nice, these do come in a little high for a starter. DVS gives you both worlds butyou do need to hope TTs are available at clubs in the future.

Tech Mentor

What about the NI Z1 or Z2 or whatever they're called? Two channel mixer, built in sound card and traktor compliant? Can you use decks with it? DVS?

Other than that, I think you will be happy with xone 22. You can pick one up for £250 which isn't bad. I think Amadeus uses one and he certainly doesn't seem to have any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    So rekord box doesn't give you bpm info, or set cue points etc? What do people use it for then? I just assumed it was like Engine?
    It gives you the bpm, you can set cues and loops, and organize your playlists. Export it onto a USB, plug it in the CDJ so all the info is there and ready.

Tech Mentor

Ok, it is like Engine then. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    @Pestao - Approved your posts mate
    Thanks

What about the NI Z1 or Z2 or whatever they're called?
    Rather than buying a mixer with a built-in soundcard, I decided I should buy an Audio 6 and a simple 2-channel analog mixer. I want to be able to take an Audio 6 soundcard to any club and play on their mixer.
    Thanks to everyone, you helped me out to decide what I really need. I bought a used Ecler Nuo 2.0 in good condition for $350, and I'm getting a second technics TT and Traktor Audio 6.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by pestao View Post
    Thanks

Rather than buying a mixer with a built-in soundcard, I decided I should buy an Audio 6 and a simple 2-channel analog mixer. I want to be able to take an Audio 6 soundcard to any club and play on their mixer.
    Thanks to everyone, you helped me out to decide what I really need. I bought a used Ecler Nuo 2.0 in good condition for $350, and I'm getting a second technics TT and Traktor Audio 6.
    Nice. Let us know how you get on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12