Vestax PMC-17A mixer?

Default Vestax PMC-17A mixer?

I found this mixer on ebay, and the owner has it in near mint condition for a low price. However i have never really seen this mixer, so i was wondering if anyone has any info on this mixer?

Is the crossfader good for scratching?
    How does it sound?
    are the eq's good? ect.

Thanks!!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

I had a friend that had one a few years back...its a tank..and the eqs are ok. I remember liking how long the volume faders were.

Not realy good for scratching (no curve control)..and the mirror finish leaves all sorts of finger prints..
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

yeah i saw it looked pretty big haha. But yeah i would be needing a good cross fader for scatching, so that would be no good :/ o well.

Thanks though!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Default vestax pmc17a

I had this mixer, it was superb and regards to the crossfader its a penny and giles special curved fader absolutely awesome for scratching some people dont know what they are taking about

Quote Originally Posted by stuartc17 View Post
    some people dont know what they are taking about
    clearly. You must have mistaken the model. They are definitely not P&G faders in that mid 90's model. It's little brother to PMC280, which got replaced by now discontinued VMC 275. None of these has curve controls for crossfader, so they're really not good for scratching. I don't really know for sure can you fit an aftermarket (Inno/PCV/P&G/FF) xfader there to make it cut better.

To todays standards the 90's Vestax models aren't really "that good" anymore IMHO. Even PMC 05, 06 and 07 (and 37) have a pretty long cut in time if not modded or changed the actual fader. They're still good, sometimes even long lasting faders, don't get me wrong. On todays market there are dirt cheap mixers with instant cut (digital/optical/whatever) like American Audio QD5 and DV2. Though i had to reduce the cut in with a credit card mod on my DV2 mixer. The actual sound cut is on/off though.

But there are hundreds of good scratch mixers that are being sold on Ebay for a few tenners. If you're looking for 2-3 channel scratch mixers that are very high quality and cheap, keep an eye for these models from late 90's to mid 00. I wouldn't pay more than I've mentioned below:
    Stanton SK-series (SK1 and SK2F specially) 50-100ish
    Stanton SA-series (SA5, SA8 and SA12) 3xP&G faders! 50-100ish
    Tascam XS4 and XS8 50-100ish
    Ecler HAK-series (300, 320 & 360) prices are from 50-250
    Gemini UMX-series (5,7,9 and SE) 50ish. Great mixers.
    Rane anything (TTM52,54,56,57 etc) 50-400ish
    Vestaxes are a bit collectable even, so their prices are a bit high imho. They look beautiful though. I've owned and own a few of them (PMC05,06T,06,17a,37,46)