How to emulate Serato Flip in Traktor

Default How to emulate Serato Flip in Traktor

Hey tech guru's
    As a traktor user, i felt kind of jealuos after the announcement of Serato's Flip expansion... It would be awesome to have such a feature in Traktor, especially together with the remix decks. Then i got to thinki g:
    The awesome DJTT crew made an incredible controller with the MF twister: would'nt it be possible to update the MF (3D or Spectra for example) firmware to emulate this same behaviour? The firmware would in this case record cue point actions and remember the actions associated with a specific song.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Run a midi controller through a midi sequencer, then from the sequencer into traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I will certainly give it a try when I see full potential of this feature in Serato. It looks like there is lots more then just a cue point recording...

Tech Guru

I think it's ironic that Traktor actually used to have this functionality.

Do you mean the native mix recorder? why the hell they removed that is beyond me, i loved that * memories*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Do you mean the native mix recorder?
    Yeah, it essentially did the same thing - record performance metadata so it could be played back. There were a lot of cool possibilities there.

You could simply record your performance in Traktor, cut it together and call it "DJ xyz edit" and there you have your serato flip in Traktor. I really don't get the advantage of recording your cue point triggering to your DJ software.
    If you ever switch platforms (e.g. to CDJs) you will loose all your flip edits.

The only real advantage I can see is that you can fake being some kind of cue point wizard in front of your buddies & audience.