Pioneer or Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pioneer or Traktor?

I'm building my very first setup, just ordered a new macbook pro 15'. I see a lot of support for traktor and I honestly am just curious as to why? Any club I have been to or any festival I see they are all pioneer. I have never seen traktor being used once. So let's say I make it one day to a level where I could perform in clubs, etc.. isn't it better to be a pro on what they already use at these places? Or am I missing something? Thanks!

PS: Not trying to sound douchey, I just don't know and would love some help!

Tech Wizard

Do you mean Serato or Traktor? Or are you talking about Pioneer CDJs?

Well for example Pioneer DDJ line vs Traktor s4... Why would someone choose a Traktor s4 controller over a pioneer when most places use pioneer?

Tech Wizard

I think you're confusing Pioneer CDJs with Pioneer MIDI controllers. The DDJ line uses Serato DJ and is not the same as Pioneer CDJs, which are the club standard.

Banned

Well to begin with the Traktor gear works just as well and is much cheaper. And if you think you prefer Traktor, their gear works better with their software if you want to use all the things they can do like the relaunch decks and so on.

doesn't really matter though, if you got the money and think you will use pioneer gear in the future go for pioneer.

So would you guys recommend traktor s4 with traktor software or pioneer ddj with serato?

Tech Wizard

What DDJ are you looking to get?

I used to use Traktor then switched to Serato when I got my DDJ SX. It's just a matter of personal preference. I prefer Serato's interface and layout, personally, but I've heard many people say the opposite.

Keep in mind that you can also use a DDJ with Traktor. There are many mappings you can download.
    Last edited by Soul Bait; 08-05-2014 at 10:52 PM.

well i was thinking between Traktor kontrol s4 or Pioneer DDJ SX.

Tech Mentor

Nobody can really tell you what to get as they are both great it comes down to personal preference.. maybe you can find a local music store where you can demo them both? or just watch lots of unboxing/demos on youtube.

You are right that it's usually Pioneer in clubs, in regards to CDJs, but when it comes to controllers in clubs i've ALWAYS seen Traktor, granted, i've not seen hundreds, but when i have seen controllers used it's always been some sort of NI product.

Tech Mentor

There's a third option, using the Pioneer with Traktor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast