Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DDJ-SX2

Default Pioneer DDJ-SX2

Just received an email from djkit.com, showcasing the new pioneer DDJ-sx2:

http://www.djkit.com/pioneer/pioneer-ddj-sx2.html

Full control of serato flip, and support for the DVS expansion pack.

The new Pioneer DDJ-SX2 is the updated version of the Pioneer DDJ-SX with the addition of some great features to take control of the new Serato Flip expansion pack (Supplied FREE with the DDJ-SX2). The new Pioneer DDJ-SX Mk2 has full control of Serato's new Flip software using the 6 slots to store 6 sequences to be played at anytime. With 3 buttons to cover the Record (start/stop), Start (start/stop loop) and Slot (store).
    With the new Pioneer DDJ-SX2 you get brand new Performance Pads with cue point LED's.
    The Pioneer DDJ-SX Mk2 has new Improved Jog Wheels with Digital point markers and coutdown.
    The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 is all ready for the Serato DJ DVS upgrade with multiple inputs and outputs.
    The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 Price will be £809 and will be available late September 2014. It will be a hot product so get your pre-orders in now to secure your order off the first delivery.
    Also even better the first 10k Pioneer DDJ-SX2 will be supplied with a FREE voucher for Serato Video Expansion Pack Happy Days :-)

DJWorx article:
    http://djworx.com/pioneer-ddj-sx2-flips-pads-jogs-dvs/
    Last edited by robdquick; 08-07-2014 at 04:57 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Did some research on Serato Flip.

Announcing Serato Flip. A brand new Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that allows you to create custom edits, extend and re-imagine your music...

Not only a great beat sketch pad, Serato Flip can also be used as a powerful DJ tool. The simple, yet effective control set designed with the DJ in mind allows you to use it in your set in a number of ways:

- Make clean edits of your tracks by recording censor actions.
    - Extend intros, breakdowns or outros for better mixing.
    - Create transition sections in your songs for changing tempo or beat structure.
    - Advanced tone-play and performance.
    - Auto-skipping verses or choruses in songs.
    - Making beats.

Serato Flip will be available as a paid Expansion Pack in Serato DJ 1.7, coming this September. It will be available for purchase in-app and on the Serato Online Store for USD $29.
    Serato.com

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    The Pioneer DDJ-SX2 is all ready for the Serato DJ DVS upgrade with multiple inputs and outputs.
    How will this be different from the current inputs and outputs?
    Last edited by Soul Bait; 08-07-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Digitaldjtips article as well. I really like the Pioneer demo of Flip.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/08...compatibility/
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Bait View Post
    How will this be different from the current inputs and outputs?
    The original SX was internally wired in a way that wouldn't allow DVS control. Guess they've changed it for version 2.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Oh, interesting. I guess it wouldn't matter to me, because if I ever wanted to add turntables to my setup, it'd be real vinyl. I don't see the point of adding DVS to the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    The original SX was internally wired in a way that wouldn't allow DVS control. Guess they've changed it for version 2.
    Wasn't that the same for Denon MC6000 mk1 then they released firmware update which enabled DVS for Traktor/VDJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Bait View Post
    Oh, interesting. I guess it wouldn't matter to me, because if I ever wanted to add turntables to my setup, it'd be real vinyl. I don't see the point of adding DVS to the controller.
    Scratching on decks A & B with turntables+midi and C & D with the controller?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

From what I've heard from others that supposedly talked to Pioneer, the SX has inputs, but they are not connected to the soundcard. This is essential for DVS to be possible.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Scratching on decks A & B with turntables+midi and C & D with the controller?
    How would that be different from scratching with the controller? I mean, unless you want the feel of real vinyl.

Tech Mentor

It's different in that you can scratch on four decks at once, whereas you could only use two if you're just using the controller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast