Serato vs Traktor
    Tech Convert

Default Serato vs Traktor

Ive been using Traktor Pro for a while now, currently using lemur on my ipad with a Audio 2, but before I used a mixtrack pro. Right now im trying to decide between investing in the S4 MKII or the NS6, but ive never used Serato before. How different is it from Traktor? Could I get some pros and cons? Thanks!

Tech Mentor

All information can be found here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=traktor+vs+serato

This Question is Nr. 3 on the list of most asked questions right behind: #1 Which controller is the best? and #2 Which controller is the best for me? ;-)

Seriously, there are hundreds of videos, reviews, comparisons etc on this. Even in this forum so you can just use the internal search engine as well.

This is a very common question. I'm sure you can find many threads about it.

Long answer short, I've used both, and I'm using Serato now. Can't think of any pros and cons. They all do the same shit. I guess, the layout is different. You can have different views of the waveforms. Oh and con for Serato, you need to buy their Rane SL soundcard, which is a con because it makes you have to carry and wire more shit and it can be messy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    This is a very common question. I'm sure you can find many threads about it.

Long answer short, I've used both, and I'm using Serato now. Can't think of any pros and cons. They all do the same shit. I guess, the layout is different. You can have different views of the waveforms. Oh and con for Serato, you need to buy their Rane SL soundcard, which is a con because it makes you have to carry and wire more shit and it can be messy sometimes.
    You need to do the same for Traktor depending on your setup

Serato does video. So I use it for VDJ gigs at my club. But when playing travel gigs I use Traktor. I even mapped my Rane 62 for Traktor use on the road....

If you decide to switch, it won't take long to figure it out.
    1200 Hustle Turntablist & DJ // Sector 15 DJ // Liquids Nightclub Resident
    Technic 1200's // Rane 62 // MacBook Pro Retina // Ton of vinyl
    www.facebook.cm/DJLayinLo
    https://soundcloud.com/djlayinlo