Which Studio Monitor?
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Which Studio Monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeCz View Post
    do people usually buy a pair or just 1? Thanks!
    If you dont mind the sound just hitting one ear - one (i guess, but weird)

If you like stereo sound, two

Default Which Studio Monitor?

I am just starting up and want to start mixing and eventually down the line create some music at home. I will be set up in an apartment... So I am deciding between Rokit 5 & Rokit 6 and also do people usually buy a pair or just 1? Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Usually a pair. I have a pair of the RP6s and have had them for a long time now, I'm very happy with the speakers the bass is a little lacking and I also have the 10s sub to go with them.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeCz View Post
    and does anyone have a suggestion for which model the Rokit 5 or 6?
    for the $100 difference, if you can afford it and think you need the extended [I]mid-bass[/I, go for the 6's, however IMHO you'd be better off with the 5's and spend the $100 difference on a powered sub of some description.

Get a pair.

5's are solid for mixing and will suffice for most people. Depends on the size of the room and how loud you want it. 6's will probably provide a bit more bass as well, but the 5's already are decent in that regard.

If you'll be producing, I'd look at something other than the Rokit's.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

First off I would post this in the hardware forum... Next to this I would go for a pair of Mackie MR-5.

I have tested a big array of monitors in your price segment, and these came on top.

Then again, you really need to test for yourself, and bring tracks you know really well to test with.
    This way YOU will know what monitors will suit you best.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Get a pair.
    If you'll be producing, I'd look at something other than the Rokit's.
    What they said. Hop on over to http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5-Coaxi...itors-p/d5.htm and order a pair. Their service is top-notch, and has a lifetime warranty. I've owned the Rokit 6s, and the D5s blow them WAY out of the water. I got mine $350 for the pair, since they were open-box (they still give you a warranty). Do NOT let the size of the woofer fool you. They produce an even cleaner bass than that of my old R6s and my friend's Rokit8s. I use mine strictly for production, but will be fine for DJing.