Basic But High Quality 4 channel Mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Basic But High Quality 4 channel Mixer

Can any one recommend a basic, but high quality 4 channel Mixer with volume level display for each channel?

Define "basic" please :-)

Tech Guru

Default Re: Basic But High Quality 4 channel Mixer

basic to me means no thrills as in fx, soundcard, midi etc. plus no fancy input/output routing.

or in other words 3/4 band eq and volume faders plus a monitor out.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

check out technics, they have a very good 4 channel mixer for about 400 if you search well. Second hand should be even cheaper. Build like a tank and looks shiny too
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

If money is not an issue, check out Dateq XTC II, Rodec BX-9 and Hi-Level PM 4000 Mixers. They look crappy (especially the Hi-Level ones), but they are absolutely indestructible and sound brilliant (as far as the Dateq and Hi-Levels are concerned, I never had my hands on a Rodec).
    All of them don't have separate level meters per channel though, but show levels when cueing.

If you're going the "no-frills route" because you're on a budget, I had good experiences with the vestax vmc004. It does have level meters for every channel, and it sounds pretty good for the money. Some people say that the faders have too much resistance, but I personally think they're fine.

Don't know anything about the technics mixers that Michielygil mentioned, so I can't comment on that.

But whatever you buy in the end, test it properly first.

Tech Mentor

By basic I mean - No effects / or USB connections etc.

As I just want the mixer to mix externally with traktor - Using a controller for effects & all the fancy stuff

Thanks for every1's input will check them out

Cutta

I'm also looking for a basic 4 chanel mixer with vumeters per channel.

In the 300 budget, the vestax VMC 004 is really the best and only quality option. The faders are less resistant than the ones of the VCI 100.

Myself ALWAYS being on a tight budget, I find the Behringer, Xenyx mixer's quite handy, sometimes a hastle to use, never the less, with my UMX 49 and U-Control it works perfectly fine. It obviously doesnt have the countless features of the higher quality mixer's, but it does the job.

If you dont want to spend more than 100-150 AUS, I suggest the Xenyx range, but keep in mind its nothing special AT ALL.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by cornelius View Post
    Myself ALWAYS being on a tight budget, I find the Behringer, Xenyx mixer's quite handy, sometimes a hastle to use, never the less, with my UMX 49 and U-Control it works perfectly fine. It obviously doesnt have the countless features of the higher quality mixer's, but it does the job.

If you dont want to spend more than 100-150 AUS, I suggest the Xenyx range, but keep in mind its nothing special AT ALL.
    not really a dj mixer...

Yeah, but it does the job for midi and production work. I have no idea about actual DJ mixer's yet, I've just started getting into the tech side of music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast