Mapping LED Feedback on pitch 0.0% or -0.0%
    Tech Convert

Question Mapping LED Feedback on pitch 0.0% or -0.0%

Hello guys, i just wanted to know if there's a way to map an LED Feedback in TP2 on the pitch 0.0% or -0.0% position, (Only at this point) as in the CDJs?

By the way, anyone could solve the LED blinking of the play/pause button when deck is loaded but no playing as in the CDJs as well?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bragnagar View Post
    Hello guys, i just wanted to know if there's a way to map an LED Feedback in TP2 on the pitch 0.0% or -0.0% position, (Only at this point) as in the CDJs?
    Hi mate, this should be no problem. You would need to set up the Tempo Adjust Output command and it should look as following:

Add Out > Deck Common > Tempo Adjust
    Controller Range: min=0 ; max=0
    No Blend checked

Quote Originally Posted by Bragnagar View Post
    By the way, anyone could solve the LED blinking of the play/pause button when deck is loaded but no playing as in the CDJs as well?
    This would depend on the controller you're mapping it to. Some controllers (such as MF) has this kind of blink/pulsating LED State built in to firmware so setting something like blinking LED while deck is stopped is easy as tweaking a value in the MIDI range velocity.

You can create a work around by setting up 'Beat Phase' monitor command but this would mean sacrificing one deck as a support for this option.

Tech Convert

Hey Stewe, thanks for the short reply, amazing dude!

I could solve the problem with the LED on the tempo fader, even tho, I came across this problem:

When I load the deck, the fader starts at 0.0% and indeed the LED turns on, but, let's say 138 BPM is 0.0% and I go to 140, and then comeback to the 0.0% position the LED no longer turns on.

What do you think i could do?

Maybe setting to LED outputs, one for +0.0% and another for -0.0% on the same LED

And yeah, I guess about the LED blinking before i press play in my controller (Hercules DJ Console MK2) i can't do much, because as you said, i'll have to sacrifice one deck, which i don't plan on having in my controller for now.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Does it turn LED on when you try double clicking on the tempo fader? -If the answer is yes, then try to expend the controller range a bit because your hardware faders seems to have very small "dead spot" in the center de-tent.

Tech Convert

Hey Stewe, right now i'm far from my setup so i can't look ASAP, so, i didn't wanted to leave your reply in the air, so i wrote to tell you i have an answer about it on the weekend.

Thanks a lot

Tech Convert

Wink

Thanks Stewe, indeed there was a "dead space" on the center of the fader, i increased the values and everything worked out.