Dmx Control A TV

Default Dmx Control A TV

Hi there I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to use dmx to control a TV?

I am using 2 Intimidator spot led 350's and a 50 inch TV behind them that plugs into my computer via HDMI.
    The DMX interface I'm using is ADJ's My Dmx 2.0 and the My Dmx 2.0 software.

What exactly are you trying to control on the TV?? A TV just accepts a video input, like you are already doing via HDMI. You can't use DMX to control a TV.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Well I was going to try use it like a colour palette and just use the effects in my dmx 2.0 to control it.

That won't work. The TV has no way of being connected via DMX, and it wouldn't know what to do with DMX commands even if you could. I honestly don't know what sort of program you would need to do something like that..... If you want visualisations on the screen, do a search on here for visualisations, there have been a few threads on this topic.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Ok then, well thanks anyway and btw love your website.

No problem, and thanks!

2nd Generation Mobile DJ