Killing time's set up - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Pretty good setup I wish I could afford CDJs

Tech Mentor

I'm working on a live set right now, and this is the preliminary set up that i've come up with: GOPR0016.jpg

the signal flow is audio interface out into external in on the tr-8, and then onto the rmx 1000 in and out into the mixer. the tr-8 is synced with Ableton where i can launch clips, and having the audio pass through the tr-8 allows me to use the side chain. the midifighter is used as a 4 band eq on the first 4 channels, and 4 other channels will launch other clips that are prepared. the 8 channels are controlled using the Launch Control XL, with the sends A/B as Ping pong and a large hall reverb.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Nice, my setup is similar as far as the krks and stands, and push lol
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by markyyoung View Post
    Nice, my setup is similar as far as the krks and stands, and push lol
    thanks, i've actually changed my setup a little bit. i got rid of the KRKs and replaced them with a pair of HS5's and an HS10. also got a more fitting table top to perch my gear on. this is what my cave looks like now; IMG_3028.jpg
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Default wow

wow!

Good swap on the monitors, been thinking of picking up a pair for myself. Can you notice a huge difference between the krks and the hs5s? Also your cave is badass haha.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by markyyoung View Post
    Good swap on the monitors, been thinking of picking up a pair for myself. Can you notice a huge difference between the krks and the hs5s? Also your cave is badass haha.
    totally, coming from 6" monitors to my current 5" better fits my room's acoustics, and also having a flat frequency range helps my mix downs tremendously.

the KRK's are nice monitors to DJ on, but the curve on learning your speakers frequency range is a little tougher than the yamaha's.

currently my signal flow is audio interface to channel 1 on my mixer. and then from there its audio into my sub, which feeds out to the HS5's. this helps not having to plug and unplug wires if i want to jump on the cdjs. however, the sound is a little bit different, almost like a notch cut out in the mid range, when i pass audio through the mixer.

That's badass dude. I've been having trouble with my frequency range, so a pair of monitors with a flat response would help a shit load. Thanks dude, I'm for sure getting a pair now.

Tech Mentor

IMG_0060.jpg

moved back to the 'rents for a little bit to stack some chips before finding another place in the bay area. Decided to not unpack any of my other pieces of gear as i just use the MBP and Midifighter as my two primary pieces of equipment.

Tech Mentor

update:

new room set up.jpg

Slimmed down my set up.

1 technincs 1210
    1 pioneer plx 1000
    1 A&H xone 42
    1 roland KC110

1 pair of adam a3x
    1 UA Apollo twin
    1 2011 MBP

not pictured:

sennheiser hd600
    maschine mikro
    Subpac
    Last edited by Killing time; 10-04-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast