Killing time's set up
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Killing time's set up

ive been lurking around here for the past 6 months, so i figured i would post my set up.

hackintosh quadcore xeon with 16 G of ram. ableton push with a midi fighter. krk rokit 6's, scarlett 2i4, and sony mdr 7506 studio monitors.

2 cdj 900's with a djm 350 mixer. in the far corner i have a roland tb-3 and a tr-8.

UPDATE 9-15-14

IMG_1037.jpg

i've sold the djm 350 for an A&H xone42, while also adding a RMX 500. the desk is small, so getting all of my gear on there properly has become a bit of a challenge. A big thanks goes out to uncle sam for that tax return.

UPDATE 4-7-15

IMG_2897.jpg
    I've created a better working environment in my small studio room. I found this piece of wood, where i think came from a larger ikea desk, and placed it on top of my existing desk. I've also replaced my rokit 6's with HS5 and a HS10.

UPDATE 7-13-15

changed my room up a bit.

IMG_3028.jpg

this is my live set up. Launching clips in Ableton with the drum machine to overdub some groove. midi-fight to use a rotary mixer, and launch control XL for fader and send/return control.

GOPR0016.jpg

Update 9/28/16:

Attachment 27192
    Last edited by Killing time; 09-30-2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Fine set up you have, how do you like the push. I hear good things about the scarlett 2i4 as well.
    Do you get enough sun in your basement? I work in the underground and thats my biggest problem when I am at home working at my station, be it gaming or creating // djing... need more sun.

To top it off those 5 or 6 inch baseboards (thats what they look like) are really nice, you' must live in a really quality house. You don't see that too much anymore.

Tech Mentor

Actually, I do not have my studio in a basemen, but its on the 2nd story in my apartment building. The base boards belong the a building that i live in, which is an old turn of the century hotel turned into an apartment building, here in San Jose.

i love the push, its most useful DAW controller ever created. I use that in tandem with the midi twister to really get a handle on synths, and a launch pad (not pictured) to audition ideas.

Tech Mentor

First off: Nice setup. Pretty good standard, but all you need and not too much for good creativity. Mine looks pretty much the same. A bit more tidy though... ;-)

Do you know some about Hackintoshs? I have a MacBookPro and a Windows desktop, which sometimes is great since it allows me to chose. However, I'd to use the tighter integration across Apples platforms so I'm thinking about trying to hack my PC as well. I've heared this can't be done with any hardware, than again almost every new intel system seems supported. Is there any direction you can point me? Are you even advanced in this topic or was it a friend who did that for you?

Tech Mentor

thanks. my room could be a bit more tidy, but our resident basement lockers are off limit at the time (due to vandalism). So my boxes have to find a place my room for the mean while.

i don't know too much about hackintoshs, but that is true about supported hardware. however, the main compatibility issue is the motherboard, and the motherboard dictates the supporting hardware around it. my friend built my hackintosh for me, i'll ask him a few questions if you're interested

Tech Mentor

Sure if that's not too much of an issue please ask him. It doesn't need to be done tomorrow though. My motherboard is a MEDION MS-7787 if he is that much into it. However the biggest question I have is about the rate of failing and the risks of doing so. Will I breake everything? My motherboard or HD? As I said: It would be great if you can ask him, but not if it needs a lot of effort.

Pretty nice gears, how do you like sitting on the yoga ball?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

Yoga ball is pretty rad, that is actually probably the best thing in my studio. Its kind of fun to do the southpark jumpy ball thing when you're really grooving out.

Last edited by tekki; 09-24-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Bahaha you guys are hilarious. Nice set-up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast