Advice on Buying CDJ's/DJM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Advice on Buying CDJ's/DJM

So I'm talking to this guy on craigslist. He's selling his relatively new cdj 850's and djm 700 because he claims he tried to learn djing, but found it to be too difficult, so here he was, selling his set. Now this all sounds dandy, but here's the part that worries me... its only for $1500. That's less than half the price of a new setup. Should I go check it out? And if I do, what am I supposed to look for? I've touched cdj's before, but I want them to be in near perfect condition and don't want to be repairing them in the near future. I'm incredibly excited for this super cheap buy and I can't think clearly because I longed for a setup like this for a couple of years now

$1500 for that set is a fair deal. I owned that exact same set and sold it. My lowest price would have been $1500 and people were saying it's too expensive.

You'd have to test out all the buttons... I guess.
    Last edited by robbyluca; 08-11-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Tech Mentor

I have no idea about the prices in the US, but here in Germany it would be cheap, but not impossible. However here in Hamburg there are only a few offers every month so the price is not very stable. So just go check it out. Don't pay in advance, get it sent or something like that. Go there, test every button, every light and especially the platterns since moving parts can be more fragile. Don't forget to bring a phone and some cables to test the inputs on the mixer. If everything is fine. Take it and pay cash. Good luck

Tech Guru

I don't think $1500 is that great of a deal. I've seen CDJ850S go for 400-500 regularly and DJM700 around $500-600. It's priced right, not exactly a steal.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I don't think $1500 is that great of a deal. I've seen CDJ850S go for 400-500 regularly and DJM700 around $500-600. It's priced right, not exactly a steal.
    Well I could always bargain with him. If you could put a price on it, what would you pay for a setup like this?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by tilldrop View Post
    I have no idea about the prices in the US, but here in Germany it would be cheap, but not impossible. However here in Hamburg there are only a few offers every month so the price is not very stable. So just go check it out. Don't pay in advance, get it sent or something like that. Go there, test every button, every light and especially the platterns since moving parts can be more fragile. Don't forget to bring a phone and some cables to test the inputs on the mixer. If everything is fine. Take it and pay cash. Good luck
    Thank you for the reply! The owner is coming to my house and I will be testing it, and if all goes well, I will give him the cash. So the price is fair you think? Or could I push the price a little lower?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    $1500 for that set is a fair deal. I owned that exact same set and sold it. My lowest price would have been $1500 and people were saying it's too expensive.

You'd have to test out all the buttons... I guess.
    Im glad to hear that. What made you leave the 850's? And were you satisfied with the djm 700? Because I really want color fx, just the extra cash isn't on me to get an 800+ :/

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Not a steal but I think he's getting a decent deal. I would pay that much for them. People used to offer me $1200-1400 on average. Like I said I was ready to accept $1500. But someone offered $2000 for them LOL so yaaa...

Tech Convert

Default I got them :dddd

It happened last week, but they're in my possession now! I'll be posting pictures once I clean up the room this week.

Tech Guru

Congrats! Hope you enjoy them!
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast