Moving from Pioneer DDJ-SX to CDJs+DJM900

Default Moving from Pioneer DDJ-SX to CDJs+DJM900

Dear DJ Tech Tool members,

I have a question I hope you guys can help me with.

I've been DJing at home with my DDJ-SX, Macbook Pro 15" simple bedroom setup and have been very used to this.

Recently I've been invited to play at a rather large festival and my first try-out at the Pioneer CDJ-2000 and DJM-2000 mixer raises some questions for me.

I am currently using Serato DJ 1.6.3 and these are the scenarios I have:

On the DDJ-SX, my cue button works in a way where I can set a cue point with my CUE button, and pressing it again will 'play the track' but when I release it, the track goes back to my original cue point.

On the CDJs and DJM2000, it behaves differently. When I let go of the Cue point, it doesn't jump back. Is there a way I can have the CDJ2000 and DJM2000 work as closely to the DDJ-SX as possible?

This was done on Relative Mode.
    Trying it on SSL also yield's similar results.

What I hope to achieve is a solution whereby I can replicate the exact same behaviour on my DDJ-SX, on the CDJ and DJM2000. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

On CDJS if you bring your track to the point and "cue" you hit it again and it will play from that spot. If you cue up and want the track to continue playing you simply hold that cue down and hit the play button and it will keep playing. When you use the cue points it saves it as different markers. Depends on the CDJ on how to save it.

Usually if you have a couple what you think are "silly" questions the tech guy you are introduced to at a festival will do a run down on how things work. I have been to many gigs + a festival where I havn't even touched those pieces of equipment before and simply let them know im not exactly sure on it and ask for a run down.

Be honest and open minded about it but i've used the DDJ-SX + the CDJ2k+DJM2k(Or 900nexus) gear & they feel very similiar, you can figure out your cue situation within the first minute of standing infront of that gear. Maybe just don't plan on mixing right into your first track and give yourself a bit of time to adjust to what is infront of you. If things don't go as planned, no stress man. They usually never do ... thats the beauty of it.

Good luck & hope your festival gig goes great.

While the song is playing, just hit the cue button again and it'll return at the original cue. If you press pause then hit the cue point, you'll create another cue point.

It's because you're using Relative Mode. If you use HID mode then it'll be like your DDJ-SX.
    Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think there's an option in the Serato settings that would allow it to do what you want it to.