Hello, I need help to get events

Default Hello, I need help to get events

Hello,I'm Dano Deep...I have a problem when it comes to events,I live in Romania -Suceava...in this city people is not very open to the music underground,dj residents of these clubs have not bothered to come up with something new on the grounds that no other kind of music go in this city...it was much easier to copy tracklist radio and use commercial music,this is why the people now in this city is not as open to other genres...I try to promote electronic music in this city,exactly the kind of music Techno \ Tech House \ Deep House \ Minimal,here comes my problem, very difficult to convince owners of these clubs or Manager to organize an event underground...why are refused is next, no one comes to listen to your music,do not like...but nobody wants to try,maybe you'll like it,you can not say you do not like without you idea what it is...I managed to organize an event last month at a pub in town,those who came to the event were around 30 people,people really were not in great numbers, but for a new start in electronic music in this town think it was ok,dj residents in these clubs are not pleased that I want to promote another kind of music...and their words that come to my address do not praise the contrary as base,I'll leave here a part of the recording of the event organized by me at Pub and my accounts to be able to listen and see what I'm doing,I hope you enjoy my work...You're opinions about my work as DJs and tips,and suggestions to help me get events in my country and in other countries.

Steel Caffe First Part (18.07.2014)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DanoDeepOfficial
    SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj_o25
    Mixcloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/danodeep/
    PlayFM: http://www.play.fm/artist/danodeep1

Thanks for your time

Banned

If the customers aren't open to underground music you can always try gogo girls to help promote.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You can't make people like music that they don't like so maybe get some gigs playing music that they do like to get yourself some DJ experience and make some money - then move somewhere that appreciates what you really want to do.

There are BILLIONS of small counties in the world that will never have an "underground" scene because they simply aren't big enough. A quick Google reveals that your whole county is one third the size (in population) than my city. It's hard enough, damn near impossible to get something regular going in my city - yours must so much harder.

I ain't saying give up on doing something you really like, I'm saying don't make your location your slave. You cannot fit a square peg into a round hole. You're living in a round hole. Find a square one.

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    If the customers aren't open to underground music you can always try gogo girls to help promote.
    Thank you for your time and advice given,I have to try this version

You can always create and host your own events. Then you can promote whatever music you like.

Or, you can do as someone said and get a little more commercial and radio friendly.

I love all kinds of music. My sets are open format. You may hear me play any and every thing! Speaking from experience, though, I play to my crowds. BUT...I do like to create a 'listening experience and journey' for my crowds. So I usually try to keep it 60-70% mainstream/popular, then as they are ready throughout the night, I mix in a few tracks from time to time that will educate and introduce them to newer styles or artists.

Good luck!
    1200 Hustle Turntablist & DJ // Sector 15 DJ // Liquids Nightclub Resident
    Technic 1200's // Rane 62 // MacBook Pro Retina // Ton of vinyl
    www.facebook.cm/DJLayinLo
    https://soundcloud.com/djlayinlo

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You can't make people like music that they don't like so maybe get some gigs playing music that they do like to get yourself some DJ experience and make some money - then move somewhere that appreciates what you really want to do.

There are BILLIONS of small counties in the world that will never have an "underground" scene because they simply aren't big enough. A quick Google reveals that your whole county is one third the size (in population) than my city. It's hard enough, damn near impossible to get something regular going in my city - yours must so much harder.

I ain't saying give up on doing something you really like, I'm saying don't make your location your slave. You cannot fit a square peg into a round hole. You're living in a round hole. Find a square one.
    Thank you for your time and advice given,I started doing this at age 17...I can say that I have gathered enough experience,I wanted to have a personal style not to be like all the other DJs in this city...I think the problem in this city are DJs who learned music world commercial and tacky,actually people do not have a choice because there is in this city a club that is another kind of music...here there was only two types of music, gypsy music and commercial,I will give here a few examples, so you can imagine what the music sounds in clubs in the city

Gypsy music:

Commercial Music:

I do not want to promote this masquerade that promotes stupid around people,I hope you understand what I meant and thank you again for your time

Quote Originally Posted by DJ LayinLo View Post
    You can always create and host your own events. Then you can promote whatever music you like.

Or, you can do as someone said and get a little more commercial and radio friendly.

I love all kinds of music. My sets are open format. You may hear me play any and every thing! Speaking from experience, though, I play to my crowds. BUT...I do like to create a 'listening experience and journey' for my crowds. So I usually try to keep it 60-70% mainstream/popular, then as they are ready throughout the night, I mix in a few tracks from time to time that will educate and introduce them to newer styles or artists.

Good luck!
    Thank you for your time and advice given,Like I said and others do not like to be a dj that changes style every day, I think a listener of music tech house music not commercial and will not be associated with a commercial genre ...I do not think you can keep together those who listen to commercial music with those who listen to techno, I think the option to put some shopping and some techno songs, in my confusion and we see a great pleasure at the same time.

Thanks

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DanoDeep View Post
    I try to promote electronic music in this city,exactly the kind of music Techno \ Tech House \ Deep House \ Minimal,here comes my problem, very difficult to convince owners of these clubs or Manager to organize an event underground...why are refused is next, no one comes to listen to your music,do not like...but nobody wants to try,maybe you'll like it,you can not say you do not like without you idea what it is.
    You seem to be confused about what motivates the people you are trying to convince. Club owners do NOT care about music. Club owners care about paying customers.

"...nobody wants to try..." So, no one wants to try YOUR idea with THEIR money...and? Heck, even you do not seem to want to try YOUR idea with YOUR money.

I do not want to promote this masquerade that promotes stupid around people,I hope you understand what I meant and thank you again for your time
    Anytime you find yourself judging the taste (or intelligence) of people who do not "get" your music, it is time to take a BIG step back.

DJing can be an "art."
    DJing can be a "service."

In most cases, some blend of those two will lead to more success when you are starting out. There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your sub-sub-sub-sub genre of music. There is nothing wrong with making that genre your life's work. But....viewing DJing as only an "art" and not also as a "service" is likely a path to frustration.

EDIT: Just noticed this additional post...

Like I said and others do not like to be a dj that changes style every day, I think a listener of music tech house music not commercial and will not be associated with a commercial genre ...I do not think you can keep together those who listen to commercial music with those who listen to techno
    You are wrong. VERY few people listen to a single genre of music...even if they have a preference for that genre. Unless the event is advertised as a single genre, then some mix of styles is acceptable. If the event is advertised as a single genre, then everyone knows what to expect walking in the door. In either case, your idea of "all or nothing" as a DJ is entirely too rigid.

I do not change my style from day to day...but my style is "...finds good music to play across a lot of genres..." That does not mean that I cover my entire library in every 20 song arc. It means that I know how to adapt what I am playing to the audience that is in front of me...but ALL the music that I play is still on my "....good enough to play..." list.
    Last edited by soundinmotiondj; 08-18-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    In most cases, some blend of those two will lead to more success when you are starting out. There is nothing wrong with being passionate about your sub-sub-sub-sub genre of music. There is nothing wrong with making that genre your life's work. But....viewing DJing as only an "art" and not also as a "service" is likely a path to frustration.

EDIT: Just noticed this additional post...
    It seems that you have not understood what I mean,I'm not frustrated...'i'm just disappointed that happens in this city,and this is a big difference...I said from the beginning that I wanted to promote Techno music and events that I want to do include this kind of music,I said I do not want to promote certain types of music...please see those videos and to pull a conclusion, if you like that kind of music I have nothing fit like not to promote,I all I want is to have a club in the city where I can listen to different music and not just as in video.
    Last edited by DanoDeep; 08-18-2014 at 11:42 AM.