Firmware upgrade for brand new VCI and mappings question.
    Tech Convert

Default Firmware upgrade for brand new VCI and mappings question.

Hi DJTT crew,

First time poster, long time admirer of this awesome website!

I just bought a black VCI-100 and am running Traktor Scratch Pro v1.01 on an iMAC. I can't get Traktor to load Ean's mappings for some reason, whereas other downloaded mappings work fine.

I've read some posts and somewhere it said that units running v1.2 firmware would have a green sticker on the back, which mine doesn't.

Is my problem because my VCI is using v1.1 firmware? If so, why would Vestax still sell VCIs with obsolete firmware?!

If my unit has the upgraded firmware why won't the mapping work?

Or is it because my version of Traktor is too old?

Help!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me,

Will.
    Last edited by willgw; 10-25-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

First, the mappings that Ean releases are for v1.3 fw, which you need to buy and download from DJTT.

Second, you are using Traktor Pro v1.01 whereas the newer mappings are coming out on Traktor Pro v1.2.1 which have a WHOLE bunch of new functions. you might want to upgrade.

third, press both Vinyl Mode buttons. If the jog wheels turn off you have FW1.2. If not, it's 1.1. Vestax sold these to the distributors and they were just never bought. you might have gotten it but it can be fixed by upgrading to v1.3.

Fourth, welcome to DJTT
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Cheers DvlsAdvct!

Now its crystal

Do you know when more firmware upgrade kits will be in stock?

I have no idea, but you can email the store and ask. There is a thread somewhere about people sharing them based on the area they are in, though
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Will do, cheers dude.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    First, the mappings that Ean releases are for v1.3 fw, which you need to buy and download from DJTT.

Second, you are using Traktor Pro v1.01 whereas the newer mappings are coming out on Traktor Pro v1.2.1 which have a WHOLE bunch of new functions. you might want to upgrade.

third, press both Vinyl Mode buttons. If the jog wheels turn off you have FW1.2. If not, it's 1.1. Vestax sold these to the distributors and they were just never bought. you might have gotten it but it can be fixed by upgrading to v1.3.

Fourth, welcome to DJTT
    ...But in the "mappings" section, it says this:

This file will work with all VCI-100’s but VCI’s equipped with firmware version 1.3 work the best.
    I'm puzzled about this too, because I just got my VCI-100 fw 1.2, and the mapping I got from the "mappings" section of this site doesn't seem to be working properly for me either.

I think I mis-spoke. If you load a TSI from DJTT made with FWv1.3 and are using FW 1.2 it will still work, but you're going to lose a bunch of control and functionality that's completely dependent upon FW1.3.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall