Audio glitch when Send MIDI clock on & "Send Monitor State" MIDI command is triggered
    Tech Convert

Default Audio glitch when Send MIDI clock on & "Send Monitor State" MIDI command is triggered

So I've spent most of the weekend playing around with getting my MF Twister working with the rest of my controller setup (A&H Xone:K2 - Maschine in MIDI mode - TouchOSC - NI Audio 8) and I've come across a strange issue.

I'm sending MIDI clock out from Traktor and can get the Twister sequencer relatively in sync with an occasional resync required from time to time (hoping a new FW update/mapping update will help out with that in the coming weeks).

My issue occurs whenever my A&H Xone:K2 triggers a Send Monitor State command which is required to refresh the LEDs on the K2.

I get a half second or so audio stutter, meaning I just can't use the sequencer with my current setup without regular audio glitches.

If I disable the MIDI clock, no audio stutter when Send Monitor State is sent. If I remove the Send Monitor State commands from my mapping, no issues with audio stuttering but inaccurate LEDs on the K2.

Any suggestions? I've opened a ticket with NI asking if they've got any ideas.
    Last edited by DanteBen; 08-19-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Tech Convert

Got a standard form letter with a link to the Mac support tool from NI... not too helpful as I use Windows 7 on an ASUS and told them that in the ticket

I've been researching more and there's been some threads where people had similar issues a few years back, and a user named Str8UpDrew made a fix that was able to help with the Send Monitor State command causing audio glitches.. unfortunately it seems to have disappeared into the aether.

Anyone got a copy sitting around anywhere and feel like sharing? Still stuck not being able to use the MFT sequencer and my controller properly together

Is "Disable MIDI Clock" mappable? Maybe you can add it to the "Send Monitor State" mapping, and then enable it after "Send Monitor State" has been actioned?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

It's not a mappable option, but even if it was that would cause me further problems... as soon as the MIDI clock is disabled, the MF Twister sequencer stops playback.

I can functionally DJ without the LED feedback, but the way I have it set up, I rarely have to look at the screen except for picking tracks and that's the way I like it!

Thanks for the suggestion though

Tech Convert

Hmmm... I have the Audio 8 control panel open on the Diagnostics page, and noticed that as soon as I trigger the Send Monitor State command with MIDI clock turned on, it causes buffer underruns that seem to correlate to the audio glitch.

As soon as I turn MIDI clock off and trigger it, no underruns at all as a result.

Could a mod please move this thread to a more appropriate forum? This doesn't seem to be a problem with the mapping of my controller any more.

Stupid question - is your OS optimised for audio? Have you tried running Latencymon or DPC checker to see which services are causing the audio glitch?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Yep. Most services disabled, background processes with priority, blah blah blah, running Smithson Martin's DPC Enhancer and DPC latency doesn't even blink when the command is triggered. Just the buffer underruns.

I've never had a problem like this until I turned Send MIDI clock on and I've been performing with the laptop for the past 2 1/2 years.

Tech Convert

Isolated the issue even further, it's only occurring when I have Send MIDI Clock switched on, and [EDIT] either:

My Maschine receiving MIDI output from Traktor, or

More than one MIDI controller receiving MIDI output from Traktor.

Maschine + MF Twister, Xone + MF Twister, Maschine + Xone, Maschine by itself even.

Either way, this thread really doesn't belong in the mapping forum now! Happy for it to be moved or closed.
    Last edited by DanteBen; 08-25-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Default any solutions?

did anyone find a solution to his problem?? im having the exact same problem with midi clock