Rekordbox on laptop + DJM850 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

...A pre-installed home router could only be used if the OP has theirs right next to the CDJs, as they MUST be hooked via LAN.

Tech Mentor

I'm feeling a DJTT video brewing here... Haha

Tech Mentor

can't you make an ad-hoc network so you can connect to your computers wifi card?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by teknik1200 View Post
    can't you make an ad-hoc network so you can connect to your computers wifi card?
    The players themselves don't have wifi hardware built-in. They must be hooked up via ethernet cables. You can then send from RB on the computer to the wireless router which the players are connected to.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    The players themselves don't have wifi hardware built-in. They must be hooked up via ethernet cables. You can then send from RB on the computer to the wireless router which the players are connected to.
    that's a pretty cheeky way to advertise wifi support! I see that on their site now.. that's funny stuff right there...

we support external wifi network connections as long as it's served over a wire!

duh!

Tech Mentor

I guess "plays tracks from your phone, tablet, or computer, via wifi, provided you've gone to the lengths of setting everything up via a wireless router and a bunch of cables, in a rather convoluted way" doesn't make for great ad copy.

Tech Mentor

I guess "plays tracks from your phone, tablet, or computer, via wifi, provided you've gone to the lengths of setting everything up via a wireless router and a bunch of cables, in a rather convoluted way" doesn't make for great ad copy.

"we support wifi as long as we don't have to connect to it" or "you can create a wifi network and wire us into it" would be more truthful..

they advertise wifi, it's the small print you don't see. I've not researched these much but the "wifi" part is always touted as a feature when in reality anything that supports a wired network would work as "wifi" like this.

Tech Mentor

Well, to give them some credit, it all relies on the apps being able to stream that data to the players correctly over wifi, so it's not like they haven't made some effort there.

Can't beam music from Traktor to CDJs through thin air, at all, for example.

It's a cool tech, but definitely would have been better implemented if the players had wifi built in, like the XDJ-R1 (or Aero) controller (I forget which one has it).

Tech Mentor

Well, to give them some credit, it all relies on the apps being able to stream that data to the players correctly over wifi, so it's not like they haven't made some effort there.

Can't beam music from Traktor to CDJs through thin air, at all, for example.

It's a cool tech, but definitely would have been better implemented if the players had wifi built in, like the XDJ-R1 (or Aero) controller (I forget which one has it).
    anything that takes data over ethernet could be served this way. the wifi isn't known by the applications, it's just a network transfer. this is done in the network layer.

Tech Mentor

Thank you all for the replies. Much appreciated
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast