Could this awesome community help me out? please. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It took me 5 years of gigs to afford anything closely ressembling a decent setup.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BrosephStalin View Post
    Thank you all for everyone who commented back.

I was just looking for some help. sorry for disturbing the internet.

To the people being assholes. I would rather hug you + 1000 others rather then get $1000 from you.

That being said. I do want to charge money. Because Im providing an experience that keeps everyone motivated to actually do something different and try different things. Its stressful. Its expensive. But fuck it. it is all worth it. In Jonesboro Ar... There is nothing but Banks, churches, hicks, and country. being able to provide such a different culture and provide events to show off this culture of music that isn't seen around here,with very crisp heavy sound the way the music is meant to be felt/expressed/heard to the people that can't afford going on trips often and to the people who just feel alone and want to meet people more like them.

This is why I do it.
    This is what this culture is about.

but sadly the general population ( as shown on this form ) doesn't want to spend $5 and help someone out.

Thank you. I love you all.
    Aleksey Rayevskiy
    Its not that people don't want to give you 5 dollars... Oh no, actually yeah they don't want to give you money.

At the end of the day it's for a piece of equipment, that really you don't need, and if you have a job save up and buy it yourself. Coming onto a forum that you have never been on before, and writing your first post saying "I NEED this controller so I NEED 1000 of your hard earned dollars for me to get it" is not the way to go about things.

Seriously though, can I have 300 quid for a drum machine I NEED.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Banned

I got to disagree with everyone, you never know till you ask. People will give you a dozen reasons on why you shouldn't try something but sometimes you get lucky. I once asked for a signing bonus in a field that didn't even have them but I got it because I asked, figured what the hell. So keep on asking and you'll get lucky one day.

Thank you all for everyone who commented back.

I was just looking for some help. sorry for disturbing the internet.

To the people being assholes. I would rather hug you + 1000 others rather then get $1000 from you.

That being said. I do want to charge money. Because Im providing an experience that keeps everyone motivated to actually do something different and try different things. Its stressful. Its expensive. But fuck it. it is all worth it. In Jonesboro Ar... There is nothing but Banks, churches, hicks, and country. being able to provide such a different culture and provide events to show off this culture of music that isn't seen around here,with very crisp heavy sound the way the music is meant to be felt/expressed/heard to the people that can't afford going on trips often and to the people who just feel alone and want to meet people more like them.

This is why I do it.
    This is what this culture is about.

but sadly the general population ( as shown on this form ) doesn't want to spend $5 and help someone out.

Thank you. I love you all.
    Aleksey Rayevskiy
    Okay, if I give you $5 for your setup, would you give me $5 for mine? You are asking a DJ forum for handouts for something that everybody in here have saved up for themselves. You have shown that you have a following / fanbase, why do you not ask them for money? You are all about trying to keep events free, well, that's what happens when you don't charge. And NO, the culture is about asking for handouts, it's about working hard to keep what you deserve.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    I got to disagree with everyone, you never know till you ask. People will give you a dozen reasons on why you shouldn't try something but sometimes you get lucky. I once asked for a signing bonus in a field that didn't even have them but I got it because I asked, figured what the hell. So keep on asking and you'll get lucky one day.
    I have to disagree with you on this. Asking for a signing bonus from your future employer is much different than asking for handouts from people who have no connection to you. Your employer gets a hard working employee for the bonus, what do we get in return for donating? Many of us were in his shoes at one point in time saving up for gear, but we managed.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Hmm something doesn't add up to me

1) He said "I spent $5000+ on pure sound equipment"
    Doesn't sound plausible for a person to do this and carry on not charging, and then go cap in hand to a forum you have not previously been active in.

2) Anyone calling themselves Broseph$talin, using a $ sign in their DJ name potentially provides a potential clue to their motives

3) "To the people being assholes. I would rather hug you + 1000 others rather then get $1000 from you."
    If you genuinely wish to hug "assholes", and you have some Christlike turn-the-other-cheek style compassion for them, you probably wouldn't be calling them "assholes" in the first place, and you would completely understand forum members scepticism in this day and age of internet scamisms.

Hug an asshole today. Much more appealing than $1000 I admit

I feel a selfie hug coming on
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

That being said. I do want to charge money.
    like i said before. you don't have to charge them. just pass on a donation box at the party. none will be offended by this. they're free to give and i bet that they are willing to give. let's say there are 150 people at one party. 20 of them will donate $10, 50 donate $5. makes $450 without charging anyone. i think you should try it that way if you don't want to force the crowd to pay at the door.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

As everyone has probably mention TL;DR If people enjoy your events they probably wont mind paying $5-10 a night for a good time. I mean come on 18-21 year olds can afford $5-10
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    You're right i was trying to get some kind of luck. I mean fuck it now. This whole thing turned into a "pissing contest" of who has worked harder, ect, ect.

I'm getting bashed because I'm asking for help. okay, Fuck giving me any money the next person that is your server where ever you eat. give THEM an extra $5 on top of your tip for me. tell them "Broseph$talin Loves you"

Thank you
    Aleksey Rayevskiy "Broseph$talin"

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Grüber View Post
    like i said before. you don't have to charge them. just pass on a donation box at the party. none will be offended by this. they're free to give and i bet that they are willing to give. let's say there are 150 people at one party. 20 of them will donate $10, 50 donate $5. makes $450 without charging anyone. i think you should try it that way if you don't want to force the crowd to pay at the door.

Thank you for the advise and for being a baller.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast