Could this awesome community help me out? please.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Could this awesome community help me out? please.

Hello my name is Aleksey Rayevskiy, I live in Jonesboro, AR.
    My DJ allias Is "Broseph$talin" and me and a few friends have been working hard on building a Dance music scene here in our town for the past 2 years and its really starting to pop off.

Myself and a few others have provided free events for the people of Jonesboro Arkansas, we have put our all into these types of events, Im about to have monthy events at our local bar for dance music and it is a huge step.
    P.S. Here are some Events we have done and are doing

Monthly Events
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1473651682883081/

House Shows

SUB Atomic 1 (SUB Atomic 2 Promo)

SUB Atomic 2 after movie ( Thank you DJ WERK! )

Last edited by tekki; 08-20-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Can't allow the fund- request principle to go on.

hey aleksey. sorry to hear that your controller broke down.
    question: why not make 1-2 parties in your town to raise some money for a new one? something like free entry but one of your crew is collecting some money in the hat during the party.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 08-22-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

I worked for my money and equipment. You don't NEED an S4. You want one.

Keep up the hard work and charge money at your events. You only need to throw in a few good ones and you'll be set.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Default Thank you for replying!

Its defiantly a bummer but ill find a way some how to get a new controller.
    ( I have a festival to play September 11-12 YIKES!)

Every party except the monthly one is free entry, its also hard to throw shows in Arkansas because of limited places to host them but its almost party season, so hopefully I can work a few things out

Answer : This is still a very fresh scene and its hard to get people to help out in terms of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I worked for my money and equipment. You don't NEED an S4. You want one.

Keep up the hard work and charge money at your events. You only need to throw in a few good ones and you'll be set.
    I work a 40 hour a week job, Industrial painting. I spent $5000+ on pure sound equipment and also found a place For my Town to have a place to dance and release themselves. I do NEED an S4 because all I use is Traktor and I'm not gonna waste my money or donation money on something else.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't live with myself if I did anything to promote that kind of music.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne

e.gif
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Banned

Those kids look like they are having fun, charge them $10 from now on. You shouldn't be doing it for free because as you understand, it's costing you money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't live with myself if I did anything to promote that kind of music.
    Let's be clear, you wouldn't have helped out even if the kid was playing all of your favorite tunes and you decided to insult him simply because you wanted to. The thing is that the kids in the videos look like they are having fun and that's all from this kid, where you decide to be rude. You're so cool man.

Best of luck to you matey
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

At even $5 per head you could make some nice chang. With 3 gigs at the capacity you had you would be able to get an S4 in no time.

Why dont you start a Kickstarter campain and turn on all your club goes to it.
    Last edited by bc6; 08-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast