Live gig advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live gig advice

thanks for clearing that up happydan
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I'd try to figure out are the people that are there for the rock band going to stick around for a house set or is it a turnover gig e.g. rock people filter out and dance crowd filter in.

If the latter, I'd start off with some slow prog at reduced levels and allow people to get their bearings
    This is how I'd do it. The folks who came for the band are going to want to pee as soon as the band's set is over, then get a drink and talk to their friends a little before they're ready to dance again. That's okay! Play some lower-keyed stuff for a while to let them gradually acclimate to your style, then bring the energy level back up.
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

I would suggest using a lot of flanger

The rock crowd loves flanger

Quote Originally Posted by Tortango View Post
    This is how I'd do it. The folks who came for the band are going to want to pee as soon as the band's set is over, then get a drink and talk to their friends a little before they're ready to dance again. That's okay! Play some lower-keyed stuff for a while to let them gradually acclimate to your style, then bring the energy level back up.
    I would do something like this as well, ease them into it, them blast them!

I remember back in the day bands would hire me to play music in between their sets, some of them would get pretty angry when more people were dancing during their breaks than when they were playing!

Play what fits with the bands style, so it's a smooth transition of genres. I don't think you should worry about BPM. Just press play when they're done.

Shit I go right into psytrance do harmonic and bpm drop down to some disco and build back up since you have time to kill and especially since unless your a industrial? Rock band electronic music of any sort will likely filter out crowd

Or go into something like this
    Or aomething like this then during one of the vocal breaks loop and drop into some down tempo or into some real prog house like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12